cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Australian postage route

Five2Eight
Honored Guest
Good morning everyone, just a quick question.

I've just ordered my very first VR headset and decided to go with the OQ2. I was going to order it through Amazon Australia but they were out of stock of the 64gig so decided to order through the Oculus website as I'd heard the postage to Australia was quick.

I've been tracking the parcel and its like a yoyo up and down the world below.

Monday, January 25, 2021
5:42 AM SINGAPORE SG
In transit
Sunday, January 24, 2021
6:24 AM JAKARTA ID
In transit
12:16 AM GUANGZHOU CN
In transit
12:14 AM GUANGZHOU CN
Departed FedEx location
Saturday, January 23, 2021
7:46 AM GUANGZHOU CN
In transit
4:03 AM GUANGZHOU CN
Shipment exception
Delay beyond our control
2:30 AM GUANGZHOU CN
Arrived at FedEx location
Friday, January 22, 2021
11:08 PM SENNAN-SHI JP
In transit
3:01 AM SENNAN-SHI JP
Scheduled delivery updated
We have worked with the shipper to schedule your delivery
Wednesday, January 20, 2021
10:50 PM LANTAU ISLAND HK
At local FedEx facility
We are working with the shipper to schedule your delivery
5:35 PM YUEN LONG HK
In transit
5:10 PM YUEN LONG HK
At FedEx origin facility
We are working with the shipper to schedule your delivery
5:07 PM YUEN LONG HK
Picked up
Tuesday, January 19, 2021
8:16 PM
Shipment information sent to FedEx

Have any other Aussie's experienced this sort of tracking? Obviously with COVID postage will take a little longer but I would of thought with flights into Australia from Hong Kong about 8 times a week it would of gone direct from Hong Kong to here but goes from HK to Japan to China to Jakarta then back to Singapore.

I'm guessing with how shockingly bad Australia post is by the time it gets to Australia I'll have at least another 10 days or more before I receive the parcel.
6 REPLIES 6

kojack
MVP
MVP
Package transport is shared with passenger flights. But with way fewer passenger flights now, packages are being sent whatever routes have available cargo space. The HK to Aus flights are probably packed (with cargo), the queue to get a package on one of them would be longer than going a longer route. So we get some oddities. I had similar with my Quest 2.

Sadly the days of oculus headsets taking 2 days to go from hong kong to my front door in brisbane are gone, at least for now. 😞
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Five2Eight
Honored Guest

kojack said:

Package transport is shared with passenger flights. But with way fewer passenger flights now, packages are being sent whatever routes have available cargo space. The HK to Aus flights are probably packed (with cargo), the queue to get a package on one of them would be longer than going a longer route. So we get some oddities. I had similar with my Quest 2.

Sadly the days of oculus headsets taking 2 days to go from hong kong to my front door in brisbane are gone, at least for now. 😞

Yeah I figured it might of had something to do with that. Do you know if FedEx delivers direct to your door or does it go through Australia post once it arrives in Australia?

Reason I ask is the Oculus website didn't allow for Po Box shipping and the post office doesn't deliver mail to my area strangely.

kojack
MVP
MVP
I'm pretty sure fedex handed it off to auspost, but it was october last year so I can't remember. I'm 90% sure it was auspost that delivered.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Five2Eight
Honored Guest

kojack said:

I'm pretty sure fedex handed it off to auspost, but it was october last year so I can't remember. I'm 90% sure it was auspost that delivered.

Cheers mate, It will probably be about another 2 weeks away then. I'm getting impatient, first VR headset lol

KenSniper
Adventurer
man reading this really grinds my gears, they can ship it through Singapore but they won't ship it TO Singapore and it's surroundings

us SEA-men get no love from Oculus

Anonymous
Not applicable

KenSniper said:

man reading this really grinds my gears, they can ship it through Singapore but they won't ship it TO Singapore and it's surroundings

us SEA-men get no love from Oculus

I know what you mean and how you feel. I think more than anything I'm not looking forward to the Aussie side of the delivery though. 

Say around a week to get to Australia going through 5 countries and I have a funny feeling it will take at least 12 days once in Australia to get to me. ?