cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Be Warned

Hogwood65
Honored Guest
On November the 27th I ordered an Oculus Quest 11 for £299 from this site.
I bought the product on behalf of my daughter who wanted it for an Xmas gift to her mum, my wife. I made the purchase to help her out a little as she has been working long shifts here in the UK for the NHS.
Anyway, I received a confirmation email informing me that the product would be delivered on December 15th.
All was fine until I noticed today (December 12th) whilst checking my bank that two payments of £299 have been taken from my account.
My daughter had transferred me her £299 but it was pure luck that the other £299 was in my account as I had just received a government furlough grant.
I am unable to work due to corona.

I came to the site and opened a "Chat" window with customer service operative Elaiza.
It was alleged to me that I had ordered two Oculus quests 11.
I explained that was not the case and asked for evidence.
Evidence could not be provided because Elaiza admitted that no confirmation email for the second Oculus Quest 11 had ever been sent.
I explained to Elaiza that was because no second Oculus Quest 11 had ever been ordered..... It was their mistake.
I then discover the order could not be cancelled because the items were out for shipment.
But I now know that I have to wait until both products are delivered, apply for a return label (Which can only be provided by email), return the item and then apply for a refund.
So at a time when people are struggling financially worldwide due to corona, they are making me wait maybe several weeks to get my £299 refunded.

What do I expect? An immediate refund.
Why should they have my £299 in their swelling bank account whilst I struggle? Why must I trust them to refund me after I have returned the product but they refuse to trust me to return the product after I have been refunded? After all, it is their mistake, not mine.

You have been warned, check your bank account after purchase.

Please note. this is no reflection on the job that Elaiza is doing..... Elaiza was simply following the rules and tried to help as best as possible.

7 REPLIES 7

PITTCANNA
Visionary
do you have your original order confirmation?

If your original order confirmation says one you can send that to your bank account.  But if you order 2 by accident, there isn't much your bank or oculus can do.

Eliaza most likely is automated chat client.

Hogwood65
Honored Guest
Yes I have the original order confirmation email and it clearly states only 1 product was ordered.
There was no mistake on my part.
I will try my bank on Monday.

Eliaza was definitely not a bot although that is probably an alias and there are probably some automated parts to it.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Wow, just another one-post wonder thread.  I never get tired of seeing these, lol!  Pretty silly to think posting these complaints on a user forum is going to help.  If you have a 'real' problem, contact Oculus Support.  Pretty simple imho. 
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Hogwood65
Honored Guest

TomCgcmfc said:

Wow, just another one-post wonder thread.  I never get tired of seeing these, lol!  Pretty silly to think posting these complaints on a user forum is going to help.  If you have a 'real' problem, contact Oculus Support.  Pretty simple imho. 

Thanks for your input.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Hogwood65 said:

TomCgcmfc said:

Thanks for your input.

Ya, always willing to help out, lol!
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Be warned...

LOOK OUT!!!!

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Quests are sold out in many areas. If you don’t want to return it and wait for your refund, you can probably just sell it for above retail price. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?