cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Be aware of phishing buyers!

wrymn
Level 2
Hi

a week ago I have recieved email from a buyer that he would like to buy my Oculus rift and he will send me money first from paypal and then I will send him my rift. I said this was strange why would someone risk sending money first.

I gave him my paypal name and let it be. Few days later I have recieved email from "Paypal" than I recieved the sum of 400 euros but it will be activated as soon as I send him my package. :)))

The email looked exactly as from paypal, license etc, email name was service@paypal.com as we always get but the real email behind it was pay.palhelps@spoofer.com. So I went to paypal account, there was no information about those 400 euros, not a message nothing, I went to help center and saw warning about phishing sites and spoofer sites. I even then went to that site and that purpose was to I dont know, duplicate or send emails as someone else or I just did not understand.

Just wanted to warn you before that.
3 REPLIES 3

Darkdevildog
Level 2
Buyers need to also beware of people taking their money back from paypal after they received the goods. Had someone wanted to scam me when I was selling my car the same way.

If your buying, buy from a trusted source like a vendor or deal with cash only.

wrymn
Level 2
PayPal support center just confirmed it email pay.palhelps@spoofer.com is a fraud.
Do not send you oculus even if you have confirmation that money will get to you after you send them your shipping information!

It is a FRAUD

cybereality
Level 15
This is one of the reasons we have made a rule of not allowing selling devices on the forum.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV