cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beginning rollout of version 1.15 (PC software update for May)

cybereality
Grand Champion
Hey everyone –

Excited to announce that today we started rolling out the Rift 1.15 software update. For a full look at what you can expect, check out the patch and release notes found here: https://ocul.us/releasenotes Along with bug fixes and various tweaks, you’ll also find improved 360 degree tracking and roomscale support, along with a few other features. Thanks again for your feedback and reports, and to everyone who helped us test 1.15 early.

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
53 REPLIES 53

HankTV
Protege

Looks like you have a slightly old Nvidia driver. I would recommend updating to latest version. There were also some issues finding the sensor, may be that you have incorrect USB drivers installer or you need to plug the sensors into another USB port. It could also be a firewall/anti-virus conflict, as I see a problem connecting to our servers (which is needed to verify you own the game). Otherwise, please go ahead and submit a ticket so we can investigate further.

Allright I know the issues.
Its about my new graphics card.
I owned the new GTX 1080ti AMP EXTREME from ZOTAC. Which is already overclocked.
I also updated the Oculus Software at the same time as i installed the card.
The game just keeps black and crashes while a window shows up. If I change the clock speed it works fine.
So I hope there will be an update soon to fix that issue

dugthefreshest
Honored Guest
Unfortunately not my setup is borked, no matter how many times I try, im floating WAY above the ground in every game, home, and during the "scan"

cybereality
Grand Champion
Have you run through the full setup again? It may help to unplug the sensors and switch USB port first.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Nekto2
Superstar

I've looked around and could not find a way to block the update myself, or see how big the download is..
You could turn off automatic updates downloading. It is an option in settings.
At least you could turn internet off after message "there is new update" 🙂

KirilZdravkov
Explorer

Nekto2 said:

I've looked around and could not find a way to block the update myself, or see how big the download is..

Not true, that option is for automatic app updates. Which is turned off and working.

I'm talking about Oculus update itself. And again, not true you can shut off Internet then on again the update will force it's way no matter what.

There is no option to pause,  stop or even see how big the update is.

Sad story. 2 billion buyout, no support,  no answers and simply forcing itself.

SinusoidDelta
Explorer

Nekto2 said:

It baffles me that there isn't an update download progress bar. The notification appears that an update is downloading, so you click on it......aaand nothing happens. Is it downloading? Is it finished? How large is the update?  What version is it going from - to?

This is a simple UI feature present in basically every program. Why does Oculus lack it?

dcyphure
Protege
Still no support for creating shortcuts to other installed games? What's so hard about it, would be a really useful feature. Looks like Steam is always going to have the superior front end.

KirilZdravkov
Explorer

Nekto2 said:

It baffles me that there isn't an update download progress bar. The notification appears that an update is downloading, so you click on it......aaand nothing happens. Is it downloading? Is it finished? How large is the update?  What version is it going from - to?

This is a simple UI feature present in basically every program. Why does Oculus lack it?

It is obvious, not meant for the consumers. At least not yet, perhaps Microsoft will truly come out with a new VR headset they been talking about and partnering up with people, and when they do I won't be surprised if many disappointed users switch over. 

Hornet_F4C
Adventurer

dcyphure said:

Still no support for creating shortcuts to other installed games? What's so hard about it, would be a really useful feature. Looks like Steam is always going to have the superior front end.

LOL  - until you take a look at steam vr which was close to be unsuable until lately.

Hornet_F4C
Adventurer

Nekto2 said:

It is obvious, not meant for the consumers. At least not yet, perhaps Microsoft will truly come out with a new VR headset they been talking about and partnering up with people, and when they do I won't be surprised if many disappointed users switch over. 

Yeah, sure- All of us will be so disappointed over a missing progress bar for a download that takes more seconds than minutes that we cannot wait to exchange the Rift for new Microsoft HMDs for which no content is currently available and whatever controller will be provided will have a hard time competing with Touch.

Geez, the negativity of you guys just really strikes me.

There was a time of frustration, yes. Many people had stability problems and the tracking quality was not where it was supposed to be. While I was never affected badly, I reckon those were IMPORTANT problems.

Oculus obviously did pay attention. Recent updates really made a big leap forward in these regards. Public beta testing has been established in between.

For me the latest updates went flawless (and for most others as well). Tracking quality is so good for me since quite some time already, I do not even notice further improvements. There are remaining problems being worked on - I am sure of that.

And there are still missing features. I guess the list is long and holds more or less important items.

But seeing what drama two or three people in this thread make out of basically nothing is really boggling me. Suggesting the Rift to be a complete failure, not consumer ready, people just waiting to to drop it.... because of:

A missing progress bar? Or (my favorite:) a *missing announcement* for 4 - sensor support? LOL not even the 4 - sensor support itself was point of the issue, because it actually works fine as even admitted by the poster of this bullshit (@korgen63)  - he was just pissed "as a matter of princible" because there was no announcment for his favorite setup- which was by the way never ever recommended by Oculus who always said 3 sensors are enough.

So then the rift is not for consumers. Not for you guys at least. Just get rid of it and do me a favour by stopping to bitch around without even expecting help for real problems - that's what this forum is for.

Give me break, really. LOL!