Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Behold, our lord and master has spoken!

SkScotchegg
Level 11
Hey guys, 

Master Luckey has spoken:
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/evnoki/oculus_founder_palmer_luckey_comments_on/

Please absorb this information and sleep peacefully tonight!

Just goes to show all these graphs we've seen recently stating index is selling better then Rift S are talking rubbish!  >:)
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!
22 REPLIES 22

RuneSR2
Level 16
Of course, who cares for Index and Alyx, I'm sure Luckey is right this time. And amazing he has time to post, I thought he was working fulltime fixing CV1 headphones 😉

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

kobs57
Level 7
stating index is selling better then Rift S are talking rubbish! 

Valve index has been BO'ed for the bast 2 months, I don't see how they could sell more. Even if you had money in hand no one has them for sale not even on the Steam site
VR dedicated computer...AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 
32 gigs of G.Skill Trident Z neo 2X16 Gb DDR4 3200Mhz
 MSI 1070-TI,  on a MSI B-570 Gaming plus motherboard,
EVGA super nova 1000 Watt PSU
Oculus is on a  CORSAIR Force MP600 Gen4 PCIe x4 NVMe M.2 SSD

RuneSR2
Level 16

kobs57 said:

stating index is selling better then Rift S are talking rubbish! 

Valve index has been BO'ed for the bast 2 months, I don't see how they could sell more. Even if you had money in hand no one has them for sale not even on the Steam site

The current results from the Steam Hardware Survey do seem to back up Luckey - especially because Rift-S numbers seem to not include Quest Link. 

These numbers illustrate trends from Dec 2019 to Jan 2020 - Rift-S grew a lot more in raw numbers than Index:

kfmfpwkb3kln.jpg

Also I think Index has a much bigger chance of being picked up in the Steam Survey, because all Index users use Steam - and that may not be the case for several Rift-S users... Although Index has grown to be as popular as WMR hmds, it's difficult to see Index outselling Rift-S, while the opposite would explain the above results. 

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB

Hiro_Protag0nist
Level 13
So in a couple of months the Rift S will be King - excellent!

RuneSR2
Level 16

So in a couple of months the Rift S will be King - excellent!

Seems so - HTC has also replaced the original Vive with Cosmos, so everybody's happy getting rid of the old generations and embracing the new! 😉

Maybe the chart also illustrates which factories have the biggest capacities, then again a $400 hmd should sell much more than a $1k hmd... 

BTW, Cosmos actually made it beyond 0% this month - now it's just as popular as DK2 - and a lot more popular than Huawei VR2!

Hiro_Protag0nist
Level 13
I can see them getting rid of the Pro soon too and just selling the Pro Eye.  I'd love to see devs embracing the eye tracking.

Anybody know of any apps / games which do?

kevinw729
Level 16
They [HTC] have promised a big announcement about their future business at Mobile World this month after abandoning their CES stage presentation? Wonder if they have a Standalone up their sleeves or just going to throw in the towel on consumer. 
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

Hiro_Protag0nist
Level 13
The plot thickens!   B)

Luciferous
Level 12
I still miss Mr Palmer 😞

I was thinking of backing his latest kickstarter but have nowhere to store weapons of mass destruction.