Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Behold, our lord and master has spoken!

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
Hey guys, 

Master Luckey has spoken:
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/evnoki/oculus_founder_palmer_luckey_comments_on/

Please absorb this information and sleep peacefully tonight!

Just goes to show all these graphs we've seen recently stating index is selling better then Rift S are talking rubbish!  >:)
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!
22 REPLIES 22

kevinw729
Honored Visionary
Some more guess work to take apart:

7pmiwbtpg1p6.png
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

kobs57
Heroic Explorer

So in a couple of months the Rift S will be King - excellent!

And a  couple months after that it will be dropped like the Rift CV1 loll
VR dedicated computer...AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 
32 gigs of G.Skill Trident Z neo 2X16 Gb DDR4 3200Mhz
 MSI 1070-TI,  on a MSI B-570 Gaming plus motherboard,
EVGA super nova 1000 Watt PSU
Oculus is on a  CORSAIR Force MP600 Gen4 PCIe x4 NVMe M.2 SSD

kobs57 said:

So in a couple of months the Rift S will be King - excellent!

And a  couple months after that it will be dropped like the Rift CV1 loll

Well there are still over 1 million people happily using the CV1 i believe, and you can still buy most of the accessories.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

RuneSR2 said:

Of course, who cares for Index and Alyx, I'm sure Luckey is right this time. And amazing he has time to post, I thought he was working fulltime fixing CV1 headphones 😉

I think he might just want to look popular with all the emails he will get. I emailed him 3 times asking him to send his fix but got no reply.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like it was just a publicity stunt with no intent on following through.
Says a lot about the person...

Luciferous
Consultant

RedRizla said:

RuneSR2 said:

Of course, who cares for Index and Alyx, I'm sure Luckey is right this time. And amazing he has time to post, I thought he was working fulltime fixing CV1 headphones 😉

I think he might just want to look popular with all the emails he got. I emailed him 3 times asking him to send his fix but got no reply.

I didn't bother as it took me 10 minutes and a bit of phone wire to fix mine.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

RedRizla said:

RuneSR2 said:

I think he might just want to look popular with all the emails he got. I emailed him 3 times asking him to send his fix but got no reply.

I tried with different bits of wire but for some reason I couldn't get the left side to work. I must be doing something wrong because the right one works and all I'm doing is making a connection to to left side headphone, which is the one that doesn't work.

I did find it a bit difficult trying to keep the wire on the little pin that pushes in because I have very big hands. Can you link me to the wire you used exactly and did you place the wire on the bottom pins? I would really like to get this to work because I'm having to use headphones atm. Cheers!

Anonymous
Not applicable
But... Luckey is right. SuperData is nothing but baseless statistics. It's worthless.

Luciferous
Consultant

RedRizla said:

RedRizla said:

RuneSR2 said:

I tried with different bits of wire but for some reason I couldn't get the left side to work. I must be doing something wrong because the right one works and all I'm doing is making a connection to to left side headphone, which is the one that doesn't work.

I did find it a bit difficult trying to keep the wire on the little pin that pushes in because I have very big hands. Can you link me to the wire you used exactly and did you place the wire on the bottom pins? I would really like to get this to work because I'm having to use headphones atm. Cheers!

@RedRizla Just the blue/white wire of a normal UK telephone extension cable. I just had a bit in the garage so didn't buy it for the purpose and not sure of make but they are all pretty much the same. My right ear wasn't working. I believe I connected the top two which I think is the reverse if you have a left ear problem.

This is the one I followed. Try top to top and if it don't work try bottom to bottom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNZ-i5K3fZ0

I'll get some pictures of my headset tonight, not that you can see much apart from the cable going into the ear bit.
I found a single wire from a telephone extension is quite tough and yet very thin, so it is easy to screw into place.

It was a little tricky to hold it in place while screwing at the same time but I have that issue in other areas also 😉 

Luciferous
Consultant
@RedRizla

Hi  Red,

So here is the shot of my old girl. So three tips

1. Use the phone wire as it is very thin and tough when bending into shape.
2. Make a little loop on the end of the wire that fits in and around the hole, this helps it secure better.
3. Cut the plastic a little back from the black plastic outer circle so it sits flusher and therefore screws in closer.

Cheers 

j87xrf88ktak.jpged