cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Force Feedback wheels for VR

AdKiuCM
Expert Protege
As per the topic. Could you recommend some nice wheels with force feedback for VR? Meaning "for VR" we don't need speed/rev displays + 1000 switches etc.

Immersion is most important. I consider buying G29 + pedals + shifter. Price is quite reasonable too. heard some opinions it is too small for good immersion.

I do not mind paying more for good quality products, but I am not a great simrace maniac and it is for occasional weekend playing, sometimes with friends etc. 

I do not have a special chair or space for it. I use my living room armchair for gaming. Would have to clip wheel on a table in the front of mee unfortunately each time and disassemble it at the end of each session.

Also I hope to spark a decent discussion about wheels, their quality, quality of FF etc. I never owned one, but tested a few before in my friends places or shop displays.
56 REPLIES 56

GregSnell
Protege
The tx/t300 wheel premium combos with leather/alcantera rim and 3 pedal set with conical mod offer great performance value. I have a original tx wheel, I upgraded to the leather rim and the "pro" pedals. The conical mod once dialed in feels pretty good.
For Christmas I got myself a fanatec csw v2 with forza rim and v3 pedals. A step up in price, but you get what you pay for. The v3 pedals with the damper kit on the brake are excellent.

Bilbosmeggins
Heroic Explorer
Been enjoying playing Dirt lately so decided to hit the credit card today, and ordered a Thrustmaster T300 RS.  I know everyone says that the pedals are crap, so I'll probably upgrade those in a few weeks.  Also purchased a GT Omega Art race cockpit.  Might as well get comfy 🙂  I guess I'll be looking at Project Cars next.  Better get some overtime in to pay for all this lot 😞

ThreeDeeVision
Superstar
My G27 is over five years old and is still working as good as the day I bought it.  Bang for the buck I am very impressed with this device.  Works perfect with DiRT Rally and Assetto Corsa.  
i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified

Nij
Heroic Explorer
I'm pretty imprssed with the logitech g920 fo far but haven't used it that much due to play space and I've just ordered the playseat challenge so can properly use it once this comes and this is actually my first steering wheel believe it or not and boy did I have a shock, thought using a steering wheel would make it soo much easier and I was soo wrong, it's gonna take some getting used to me thinks

Can anyone tell me, do I need to configure my wheel initially when plugging it into my pc or even when using it with project cars or does it automatically configure, thanks 🙂
Headsets: DK1 Kickstarter edition, DK2, Rift CV!, Oculus Go, Rift S, HP Reverb G2 System: i7-8086K, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming, 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz, 11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2, Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Greyman
Superstar
Project cars has profiles for the Logitech wheels and if it is like my G29, you will need to use the separate wheel and pedals profile.  After that, probably all you will need to change is to add a mapping for the reset HMD function and you should have a spare button or button combination that you.can use for that.

obzen
Expert Protege

Been enjoying playing Dirt lately so decided to hit the credit card today, and ordered a Thrustmaster T300 RS.  I know everyone says that the pedals are crap, so I'll probably upgrade those in a few weeks.  Also purchased a GT Omega Art race cockpit.  Might as well get comfy 🙂  I guess I'll be looking at Project Cars next.  Better get some overtime in to pay for all this lot 😞

£300 for a frame a seat. That's not too bad, in the land of racing cockpits. And looks pretty good too.
DK1 FREAK...

Nij
Heroic Explorer
Cheers @Greyman
I did change the profile on the Logitech gaming software to project cars, also selected the separate pedal option too as combined option was just constantly reversing my car, also had to map the accelorater and clutch pedals as they were wrong and I just need to map one of the buttons for the reset hmd now too, so guess I'm good to go, or do I need to calibrate the wheel or pedals too? and what cars would you recommend I start with as I'm not doing too well on it at the moment 😄

Did notice you can't use the A button on the wheel on oculus home to launch project cars, meaning you've gotta use the remote or the xbox pad to launch the game then you can use the wheel for all the menus and in game
Headsets: DK1 Kickstarter edition, DK2, Rift CV!, Oculus Go, Rift S, HP Reverb G2 System: i7-8086K, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming, 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz, 11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2, Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Greyman
Superstar
I had my copy of Project Cars from Steam, so I just load steamVR and start PC, in VR, via my library.  It might be worth checking if one of the other buttons works or asking oculus support.

Greyman
Superstar
Oh, as for your calibration question, I'm not even sure that PCars has that built in, but I tend to use the USB game controller setup in Windows to calibrate/test my wheel.

danknugz
Superstar
Right now I'm running the thrustmaster t300rs with the t3pa 3 pedal add on (the actual wheel itself comes with a 2 pedal set, but we all know real men use 3 pedals)

I also use the th3a shifter which is decent for the price but still feels rather toy-ish due to the lack of resistance; when you shift gears it makes a nice click, but doesn't really feel like you actually changing gears like a real car. (You can adjust the resistance but only a little and it makes little difference) The next step up in shifters is like 200 more dollars (fanatec shifter) and not really worth that just for the added resistance IMO.

The only thing I don't like about the t300rs is that the wheel is smaller than a real cars wheel. Other than that it's worth the 300 I paid for it, the force feedback is nuanced and powerful, and there's plenty of buttons and even a directional pad. The only aesthetic aspect i don't like is the ps4 logo.
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?