cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best VR Game/Experience 2018

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Please post your best/favourite VR experience of 2018 - the game or app has to be released in 2018 though.

Best

-Oculus Home 2.0 (spent far more time in here than any game).

Runners up

-Skyrim VR with mOds
-Fallout 4 VR
-Hellblade
-Transferance

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Best: Elite Dangerous (I know it was released 4 years ago but this latest update has pretty much made it a totally new game)

Runners Up: Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice and Hold The World

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
What did the latest update add to make it feel like a new game?

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Anonymous
Not applicable

What did the latest update add to make it feel like a new game?

Yeah I would be curious as well, have had this one set aside for a few months.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Yeh @Snowdog spill the beans fella.

Here's the official line.

https://www.elitedangerous.com/seasons/beyond

Anonymous
Not applicable
The latest update has completely overhauled mining and exploration, added voice acting to the comms and added new scenarios. B)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also forgot to mention the new lighting too!

Greyman
Superstar
Although i currently spend most of my time in DCS World, my vote would probably go with Beat Saber, even if Sabre isn't spelled correctly. 🙂 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Can I start by noting that 2018 was the year of the "least" number of High-End Experiences for VR all around (counting both SteamVR and Oculus Home).

Compared to 2017 which had so many great titles that I would not be able to choose just one:
  • FORM
  • Lone Echo
  • Orbus
  • In Death
  • Sprint Vector
  • From Other Suns
  • Invisible Hours
  • Xing
  • Mage’s Tale
  • Witchblood
  • Wilson’s Heart
  • Robinson the Journey

And of course, compared to 2016 which was the epic launch year with more titles that are amazing than I would care to list (Chronos, Superhot, Subnautica, ioMoon, Technolust, Albino Lullaby, etc).

So as for 2018? I would say that the winners are probably down to:

• Beat Sabre
  • SkyrimVR

Some great runners up are:
  • Creed Boxing
  • Pixel Ripped
  • Transference

The last thing I'll mention is that the titles that I feel have utilized "VR the best" from 2016-2018 are as follows:
  • Super Hot
  • FORM
  • Transference

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Exactly mr Zelator, great point. Interesting then that PSVR seems to have a number of exclusive new games people are raving about. Everyone chimes in that team Oculus fund all these great titles but I guess not on the same level as Sony this year.