cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best laptops for VR

Sinstalker21
Heroic Explorer
I am looking into having a laptop built but I deff want it able to do VR for when I travel and sometimes for work.  So, my question is is there anyone that regularly plays their Oculus on a VR laptop and if so how well is it compared to desktop PCs?  Also, if you can add your laptop's specs so I can get a clear idea of what to look for.  

Also, I am not looking for a prebuilt one and yes, I know I will be spending a lot of money.  I paid out the butt for my Origin desktop last aug. and I was messing around w/ pricing earlier and was already over the cost I spent on that PC..   😕

Thanks guys and girls for the help in advanced 🙂
24 REPLIES 24

Sinstalker21
Heroic Explorer

vannagirl said:

It means you keep things close i am only teasing i was refering to the programing 🙂

I also mean it is really amazing 

oh lol i thought you was talking about the Kati Perri song lol.

vannagirl
Consultant
hahahaha

no no, no Katie Perry
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

tony_kakkar
Explorer

I recently got Acer Predator VR Ready Laptop. It features 7th Gen Intel Core
i7-7820HK Processor, GTX 1080 Graphics, 17.3” display screen and 32GB
RAM.

lalachawal
Honored Guest

Sony VAIOS (i7-6500U)

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Sony VAIOS (i7-6500U)

You must be joking, lol!

Top of the line Alienware and MSI laptops are the only ones worth considering for good VR imho.  Even then you will get a better VR result with a proper desktop PC for fewer $'s imho.  Plus your desktop will be upgradable.  In fact you can buy an inexpensive gaming laptop for home office and 2D gaming, plus a good desktop gaming pc for about the same price as a top-end gaming laptop.  Been there, done that btw!
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers