obzen
Expert Protege
Really cool VR game idea.

Fancy sending a couple of dev controllers to these guys? 🙂
DK1 FREAK...
3 REPLIES 3

snappahead
Expert Protege
Yeah it's looking awesome and Oculus has already sent them a kit apparently. It doesn't sound like the Rift experience will be the same as the Vive if it exists on the Rift at all, but I'm hoping they can make it happen. It's a really good concept with a nice locomotion solution.
i7 3820 16 gigs of Ram GTX 780ti

kojack
MVP
MVP
According to the devs:
360°, head-to-toe 2x2m room-scale tracking in Rift+Touch and PSVR is practically not possible.

They say the game won't work as well because the cv1 camera is narrow fov (it's not) and you need two cameras to not occlude the touch controllers when you face away from the camera (which is true. The cv1 head tracking is 360, but your body will block the camera view of controllers).

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comment ... ve/cyztzrj
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

obzen
Expert Protege
Ah that's a shame. However, it's those kind of things that can push the technology forward.

TBH, 360 degree tracking looks problematic anyway with current gen VR, whether it's Steam VR or Oculus. As long as you're tethered to a computer, you gonna have that cable dangling about. So you'd need a room setup as well, where you can tuck the cable away (on the chandelier? :)).

I always thought lighthouse was better tech for that kind of thing anyway. Dumb tracking stations seems better (see comment about USB connections).
DK1 FREAK...