cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying a second Rift for the household

GameCrunch
Protege
I gave my son my Rift because he's younger and a gamer and working up a sweat every hour of every day, whereas, i'm an old git and only get to play games maybe an hour here or there every couple of weeks.   We just installed everything onto his gaming PC, reassigned the profile email address over to him and he's all set.  

However i'm starting to miss having my own Rift as it is an amazing piece of tech and i am pondering the thought about perhaps buying another. 

Can two rifts share the same profile ? and be used at the same time? I had purchased some games which are all now his. I'd hate to have to repurchase them all over again. 

Is there any family sharing options out there, or is it simply one rift per account, and each rift needs it own game library. 

Any advice appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2

kojack
MVP
MVP
You can have any number of rifts on the one account.
Running the same software at the same time on both rifts is up to the game. On the few titles I tried it with, it works fine (it's not like Steam), but I haven't tried any multiplayer games, they are more likely to stop it (such as Elite Dangerous, it would block a second login).

You can also change the account at any time. At work we have one rift that we use with 4 different oculus accounts on the one pc. You can only play installed games you have permission for.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

MowTin
Expert Trustee
Wouldn't it be cooler to have a separate account so you and your son can coop in From Other Suns and other games? 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2