CES 2015

tuxguy
Honored Guest
Any plans for the rift this year?
10 REPLIES 10

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yes, Oculus will be at CES.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

MatrixGravity
Honored Guest
"cybereality" wrote:

CV1 confirmed for CES 2015.

VizionVR
Rising Star
"cybereality" wrote:

How about setting up a 360 camera to capture the experience for those of us who can't attend?
Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.

cybereality
Grand Champion
"vizionvr" wrote:
How about setting up a 360 camera to capture the experience for those of us who can't attend?

Not a bad idea, but maybe not a lot of time to get that setup for CES.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

"MatrixGravity" wrote:
"cybereality" wrote:

CV1 confirmed for CES 2015.

The lack of response to this must mean YES!

😄
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

saviornt
Protege
"cybereality" wrote:
"vizionvr" wrote:

Not a bad idea, but maybe not a lot of time to get that setup for CES.

360Hero type of mount that includes stereoscopic shouldn't be hard to 3dprint. Kind of expensive though with all of the GoPros 😕

I could have sworn I saw or heard about 3d printing plans for the casing - it would be nice if "they" released the 3d plans on their website, and sold the "professional-grade". Ah well, if I remember to do so, I'll do a bit more web surfing when I get home.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:52584

Happy holidays 😄
Current WIPs using Unreal Engine 4: Agrona - Tales of an Era: Medieval Fantasy MORPG

AlexiGVS
Explorer
"cybereality" wrote:

Yeeesss! I hope Oculus VR will reveal their new prototype 😉
Two weeks..

RonsonPL
Heroic Explorer
Let me be the first one with this:

But I really wan't to be wrong. And I don't mean that Oculus won't even reveal the reveal date. ;]
Not an Oculus hater, but not a fan anymore. Still lots of respect for the team-Carmack, Abrash. Oculus is driven by big corporation principles now. That brings painful effects already, more to come in the future. This is not the Oculus I once cheered for.

Anonymous
Not applicable
They don't have to show off another photo type but I hope they answer some of our questions. No offents, were getting close to the point if they want a good CV release they are going to have to finalize the product. If not, they wont have enough time to manufacturer. They can almost double dk2 orders just like they had to for the dk1 orders. Even still... Once hardware is done, they need to work on software that will do both make it easy to use ( like drivers ) and make it usable ( like desktop mode ). That only gives them 4-6 months depending on release dates.