cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CV1 Dropping USB connection with Inateck PCI-E

SolidSTi
Sightseer
Recently I have been having trouble with my USB 3.0 connections. They sporadically drop out, then reconnect immediately. This happens about 15-20 minutes into gameplay. Pretty annoying, since the game cannot just resume. You are required to start over. Windows makes the usb disconnected, then reconnected audio notification as  well.

Windows 10 64-bit
I am using the inateck pci-e card that the oculus rift website recommended. http://www.amazon.com/Inateck-Express-Connector-Controller-Internal/dp/B00FPIMJEW?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redi...

I've also updated to the latest drivers from the Inateck website. Anyone else ever experience this?
30 REPLIES 30

Rayvolution
Heroic Explorer
Whoa, I had the same exact problem, I also bought the Inateck card as well.

I have 2 on-board 3.0 ports, they were just in use, thats why I bought the expansion card. So what I ended up doing to fix that problem was hook the HMD into the motherboard directly, and the sensor into the PCI-E card. Now I have no problems at all as far as I can tell. Although I did get the "Your sensor is disconnected" error pop up overnight once, but that may of been a software fluke.

Did you plug in the aux power on the PCI-E card into your power supply? Maybe the hub isn't getting enough power?

SolidSTi
Sightseer
It is powered by the PSU. The oculus doesn't like my motherboard's onboard 3.0, it is an intel board from 2013.

I may try leaving the sensor on the PCI-E card, then try the HMD on the motherboard.

Rayvolution
Heroic Explorer
Yeah, mines a Intel Board from 2011/2012. So it may just be something flaky with our hardware. 🙂

If you just happen to have an ASRock mobo or aother mobo with the same chipsets, you might be experiencing the same issues I was, meaning (hopefully) plugging everything in the same way I did will fix it.

SolidSTi
Sightseer
Mine is an intel, but your workaround appears to have fixed all issues for me. Thanks!

Rayvolution
Heroic Explorer

SolidSTi said:

Mine is an intel, but your workaround appears to have fixed all issues for me. Thanks!

Awesome! 😄

ctaatgen
Honored Guest
Same problem here, Windows 10, INATECK PCI-E card.

Rayvolution
Heroic Explorer
So, that's 3 of us with Win 10-64, and the same INATECK card. I think we're starting to see a pattern. 🙂

Maybe it's a driver issue? If so, hopefully we'll all see a driver update soonish.

uniquitous
Honored Guest
Not got my rift yet, but I never installed any drivers for the card, and as far I can see, Inateck don't have Windows 10 drivers on their site.

Zuh
Adventurer
I have the same card and windows. My oculus should arrive today. I will let u know how it works. 🙂