cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CV1 Resolution with below spec GPU

Keron119
Explorer
Hello All, I just got my CV1 and absolutely love it. My GPU is a 660ti which is below the requirements but it still works. Is the CV1 running at a lower resolution on my 660ti? I can see the screen door effect in the only game I tried so far (PCars). I will be getting a new GPU soon but I wanted to know if the resolution will improve over the 660ti?
10 REPLIES 10

nAV2016
Heroic Explorer
I think it will improve, look at it like this..if u have a better graphics card it renders the picture with more clarity..there is also a program to increase the pixel density. I would give this a try first. If anything this should help elimate the screen door effect.
I have a dk2 and the screen door effect for me, kinda ruins the experience, tomorrow im getting the CV1 so i am looking for an improvement, myself

Keron119
Explorer
Thanks nAV2016, I never tried the DK versions so I don't have anything to compare it to. The 970 video cards are $250 and higher at my local Microcenter. It would be nice to know that I will see an improvement after paying out another $300.

Keron119
Explorer
Did anyone else upgrade from an older video card to a recommended one and see an improvement in the picture?

MysticReverie
Honored Guest
I have  GPU about the same quality as you - GTX 970m
I actually have SLI, but I heard the Sli is a bit hit and miss with the rift unfortunately 😞

Keron119
Explorer
The GTX660ti that I have plays very smooth in Project Cars, no stuttering or skipped frames so I am wondering if it is even worth it to drop another $300 on a new card.

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee

nAV2016 said:

I think it will improve, look at it like this..if u have a better graphics card it renders the picture with more clarity..there is also a program to increase the pixel density. I would give this a try first. If anything this should help elimate the screen door effect.
I have a dk2 and the screen door effect for me, kinda ruins the experience, tomorrow im getting the CV1 so i am looking for an improvement, myself

What program is this mate that increases pixel density?
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

Goobers
Adventurer

nAV2016 said:

The debug tool, which is part of the Oculus SDK (you can find it under developer's downloads on Oculus site).

nAV2016
Heroic Explorer

nAV2016 said:

https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/pc/1.3.2/Oculus_SDK_for_Windows/

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same question and am in the same situation where I'm waiting to purchase a new GPU. I don't want to spend too much at this stage because the new GPUs are just being released.

Do Oculus Store games adjust their resolution according to the system specifications detected at the start of the game (automatically)?