cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CV1 is actually DK3

Anonymous
Not applicable
So it is abundantly clear that the consumer Version 1 as it is entitled is nothing of the sort. this pile of inconsistent trash is nothing more than a dead paperweight for many many people because Oculus can't support their own product. I had an easier time of getting things and keeping things running with the DK2 than with the CV1. You need to know more about how to manage background software and drivers in CV1 than the DK2. 

This is the most expensive paperweight I ever bought.... £400 for a piece of trash that doesn't work... and Oculus are ignoring my requests for support... Nothing Nada... they are ignoring what is becoming glaringly obviously a HUGE DESIGN FLAW... Oculus software does not work with GPU Drivers.... 

This issue they can't fix... they are utterly lost as to how to resolve this issue... Which means they are selling the Rift under false pretence... they are selling the product with a known design flaw that sooner or later everyone will experience. Your rift WILL stop working at some point... maybe not now maybe not a week... or it could be tomorrow or in 10 minutes... but sooner or later you will end up like the rest of us.... with an expensive paperweight on your desk... and you will be trying to get support too... and they will ignore you too...

Then you can add your voice here for the growing number of Oculus borked my Rift people. 
17 REPLIES 17

kzintzi
Trustee
software/drivers on mine works fine - had it since release with no issues in this space; Support have always responded to my support tickets promptly and nicely (even when I didn't like the answer I got).
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

Anonymous
Not applicable

kzintzi said:

software/drivers on mine works fine - had it since release with no issues in this space; Support have always responded to my support tickets promptly and nicely (even when I didn't like the answer I got).

So if you've never had an issue why have you needed support? 

Hmmm something not quite right here me thinks!

bigmike20vt
Visionary
My rift hmd  has always been fine. For 1st few months of touch I had issues, these got fixed and has been ok for years (admittedly was a bit sour there was a price cut before my touch got fixed.
Support were fab for me they sent me out new faceplate (not a major issue)

Don't get me wrong I am not down playing your issue and iihope u get sorted  but please don't assume we all struggle with problems.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

animuchan
Honored Guest
Works fine for me for more than a year now, happy with performance and all. One thing that I hate with passion is Valve's shit garbage SteamVR, but that's not Oculus team's fault.

kzintzi
Trustee

Tim74UK said:

kzintzi said:

So if you've never had an issue why have you needed support? 

Hmmm something not quite right here me thinks!

didn't say I'd never had problems, I said I've never had software/driver issues..

I have admittedly had hardware issues, and have discussed them with Support a fair bit - while I didn't like the answer I got (mainly due to me not working on addressing/finding the cause of the issue before my warranty expired) they always got back to me within a couple of hours, and worked with me regularly to assist. as with all things, politeness helps.
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

RattyUK
Trustee
I'm sure my rift will stop working some day, so will my computer, car, and heart...
Just not sure when!
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been running my Rift since mid January 2017, and it has been rock solid for me day in and day out.
Very trouble free, I could not be happier with it.

RattyUK
Trustee
I have posted a suggestion as to why your laptop with hybrid graphics may be having issues, it is in one of your multiple posts 🙂
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Can I possibly suggest that it may be worth merging all of @Tim74UK 's threads relating to this particular problem into one thread?

While it may seem like this is the most important problem for everyone to deal with at the moment (and this could be useful for anyone else with a problem thinking of spamming the forum), there are real benefits to a single thread. Anyone trying to help with suggestions can do so without repeating themselves or losing track of what's possibly already been suggested in another of these threads. It also may help anyone else who has the same problem... or if Tim is kind enough to add his hardware details.. anyone thinking of using that particular laptop/driver combination for the purposes of running the Rift.

@Cyberreality @kojak @Lzoltowaslki, @Techy111

Just a suggestion.