cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Shake frequently after scale OVRCameraRig in Unity3d

TheMiddleGray
Explorer
I'm using Oculus Rift to develop a tabletop like game. In order to let the world looks like smaller. I scale OVRCameraRig to 50x, but after scale the node, I found the camera start to shake a bit after some time. It is very strange. I don't met such an issue in HTC VIVE. does anybody met such an issue before. any ideas from you will be very appreciate, thanks.
4 REPLIES 4

DarkTenka
Trustee

I'm using Oculus Rift to develop a tabletop like game. In order to let the world looks like smaller. I scale OVRCameraRig to 50x, but after scale the node, I found the camera start to shake a bit after some time. It is very strange. I don't met such an issue in HTC VIVE. does anybody met such an issue before. any ideas from you will be very appreciate, thanks.

You should'nt have to scale the OVRCameraRig. Though I've never actually tried this, I think it would probably mess with the calculations with transform position (or localPosition?) on the Trackingspace object (which might be whats happening with the shake). I'm only speculating here though, like I said, I've never tried it.

You really should scale everything else in the scene rather than the camera if you want everything to seem bigger/smaller to the player, at least thats what I would do.

If you cant manage to make everything in the scene scale uniformly, try making all of the objects in the scene except for OVRCameraRig a child of another empty object node. Then scale that node instead of the individual objects.

The only downside is if you instance any objects you will have to modify the code that instances them to both adjust the size and be a child of that node as well. Maybe some other code such as movement code would need to be adjusted as well, depending on how you programmed it. Not sure, just trying to provide possible options that might work for you.

TheMiddleGray
Explorer
Thanks KillCard, I also tried to scale my scene, but that caused NavMesh can't be baked because the mesh is so small. So I must find a reason why OVRCameraRig can't be scaled. thanks for your suggestion.

DarkTenka
Trustee

Thanks KillCard, I also tried to scale my scene, but that caused NavMesh can't be baked because the mesh is so small. So I must find a reason why OVRCameraRig can't be scaled. thanks for your suggestion.

Ah good old NavMesh problems, though I wouldnt have thought it would have a problem if you make it too small. I mean without knowing what your project is exactly, I would think the Navmesh should still bake if it was like a board-game size compared to the player camera.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty new to using NavMesh .. so I can't say for sure.

TheMiddleGray
Explorer
thanks a lot, KillCard. I will give a try again for small navmesh.