cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can low persistency be turned off

Cgpnz
Level 2
I want to experiment to see if the frame banding (implementation of low P.)
is the cause of the bad juttering I get on moderate amount of triangles
in my Tuscany.xml pipeline (a perl sdk fills the scene).
I have a gtx670 so I am closer to the jutter edge (lower frame rate) than those who have
got an expensive gpu card.
7 REPLIES 7

RonsonPL
Level 7
I don't see why LP would cause ANY performance problems.
It's just turning the screen off and on.

You shouldn't turn it off, anyway. Judder or motion blur - both are equally unacceptable.

BTW. I've got GTX760 and some demos run well one time, and judder/stutter another time. I have no idea why. Sometimes all i have to do is restart them.
Not an Oculus hater, but not a fan anymore. Still lots of respect for the team-Carmack, Abrash. Oculus is driven by big corporation principles now. That brings painful effects already, more to come in the future. This is not the Oculus I once cheered for.

Welby
Level 5
Try to press F1 to disable the low-perstistence.

Anyway i don't think it caused the judder,especially in demo like tuscany if you have this kind of video card.

I suggest you to set your DK2 as primary monitor than (in Direct Mode) click on the tuscany. I Think it's not an issue of the low-persistence but of the refresh-rate.

Cgpnz
Level 2
"welby" wrote:

Anyway i don't think it caused the judder,especially in demo like tuscany if you have this kind of video card.

The original Tuscany is moderate poly count and OK; good demo of shoulder motion sensing that stops the floor wobbling. I use a perl sdk to put lots of polys in the xml file which knocks the frame rate down to a critical point- I should experiment, I recall Tuscany has a fps display?

Welby
Level 5
"Cgpnz" wrote:
"welby" wrote:

The original Tuscany is moderate poly count and OK; good demo of shoulder motion sensing that stops the floor wobbling. I use a perl sdk to put lots of polys in the xml file which knocks the frame rate down to a critical point- I should experiment, I recall Tuscany has a fps display?

Sorry i haven't wrote right :lol: However usually with Space you can see the FPS display or in some cases with "\"

Cgpnz
Level 2
"welby" wrote:

Do you have a list of other secret squirrel functions? cheers

Paul33993
Level 2
And if you want to experiment with something that doesn't have a toggle switch, just set the resolution to 60hz. 60hz mode is sample-and-hold.

Welby
Level 5
"Cgpnz" wrote:
"welby" wrote:

Do you have a list of other secret squirrel functions? cheers

If you're testing in Unity you can actually see other useful hotkeys in the OVrVisionGuide script.

However with T you can disable the Timewarp,if this can be useful.