cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find "Phone Notification" option to enable Android notifications in V34 update

JeffNik
MVP
MVP

I have upgraded to V34 and wanted to try out the Android phone notifications on my Quest. You're supposed to initiate the feature by going to the mobile app, under "devices" and enable the "Phone Notifications" option there. My mobile app does not have "phone notifications" under "devices"... just:

wi-fi

controllers

developer mode

[etc]

... am I looking in the right place? I believe I'm on the most recent app version - there no update option in the play store. Any ideas? Maybe the feature isnt available yet for my Galaxy S21?

280 REPLIES 280

soulburn74
Protege

I'm surprised tech support didn't inquire about which version of the android app is running on your android device. It would stand to reason that a certain new version would be necessary...... I am running 135.0.0.12.15 on my Galaxy. I went to the Play Store and checked to see if there was an upgrade waiting to install, and there wasn't..... I also do not have the notification features available to dig through via the android app (quest 2 just upgraded to v34, and has been powered off/on after upgrade).

OzMoose888
Explorer

Same with me. 

App version 135.0.0.12.115.

Quest 2 version 34.

Pixel 4XL running Android 12.

No 'Phone Notifications' option under device settings.

Tried restarting headset.

Tried restarting phone.

RussianBear92
Honored Guest

I have the exact same problem...

pashakagan
Explorer

Same here.

Xiaomi 11 running Android 12, Quest 2 running v34, there's absolutely no way for me to get the notifications button to appear under "devices".

Quest was factory reset, phone was updated to the most recent version this morning, the Oculus app was reinstalled.

Still nothing.

The Oculus Quest 2 does not appear in the phones list of Bluetooth devices, even when it is connected to the headset through the Oculus App and never has.  I suspect that Oculus needs to push an update to the Oculus Android app to enable this feature included in the version 34 headset update.  None of the advice you've provided addresses the absence of the "Phone Notification" setting in the Oculus Android app.  May I suggest that this issue be referred to next level tech support to provide a solution or explanation for the absence of the Phone Notification option in the Oculus Android App.

Hey, rockye64 - note that this forum really isn't an offical "tech support" - It's more of a "community helping themselves", and we were lucky enough that a support agent was willing to spend some extra time to try to help us. I mention this to let you know that if you want to actually escalate the issue, you might want to put in an actual trouble ticket. Unfortunately, I find that the community usually gets me a solution faster than creating an actual ticket. 🙂

I maen I have this issue in the oculus app and I have never touched the NotifiVR app, although I do have developer mode on with a couple side-loaded android apps that work; although as far as I can tell none of them should interfere with notifications

Same here on the Galaxy Z Flip 3. No updates available for the app (latest one is Nov 2) and no phone notifications under the device tab.

CeeJay726
Protege

I'm starting to believe they forgot that the Oculus app would need an update. Say it ain't so...

mkazen
Protege

Same problem here. Same version of software, Galaxy S20 ultra