cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find "Phone Notification" option to enable Android notifications in V34 update

JeffNik
MVP
MVP

I have upgraded to V34 and wanted to try out the Android phone notifications on my Quest. You're supposed to initiate the feature by going to the mobile app, under "devices" and enable the "Phone Notifications" option there. My mobile app does not have "phone notifications" under "devices"... just:

wi-fi

controllers

developer mode

[etc]

... am I looking in the right place? I believe I'm on the most recent app version - there no update option in the play store. Any ideas? Maybe the feature isnt available yet for my Galaxy S21?

280 REPLIES 280

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Android Phone Notifications for Quest 2, a feature that is available with software release v34, had some trouble which made the feature not show up for users. The team has been investigating the issue, and there will be an update rolling out to systems as early as next week with a solution. We’ll let you know as soon as it’s out for everyone. Stay tuned!

PS: I'll be making this the new "solution" for the post, so that it gets highlighted, and will highlight the "it's out now" post once it's published.

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.

Thank you Ryan! We appreciate the updates and actually giving us a timeframe.

I'm not entirely sure how to take all this responsiveness.

What can I say, except, you're welcome? 😉 🕺 🪨 🪝 

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.

whosinaname
Explorer

Thanks for letting us know they are looking into it and have a fix!  I have been looking forward to this feature.  We have came a long way from DK1....

arumkoub
Protege

Thank you for the update and all the details!  

Galaxy S8+ no option on the phone app. It is present on the HMD. I did get the false flag prompt a couple of months ago in the phone app, now nothing. But the HMD still shows the notification settings I was able to enable a couple of months ago when everyone was getting the setup notifications prompt when starting the app. Just no notification setting in the device settings still.

MentalDraco-Fox
Honored Guest

Just updated to new 137 version of the app. Still not fixed. 

kaavar
Protege

Thanks for adding this information. I was going to try connecting later today just in case the oculus app update might help with the connect to phone issue. looking forward to further updates and info. 

I don't think an update of the app will be sufficient enough to solve the issue. Ryans last post sounds more like a new Quest 2 software update may be needed too.