cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we get a processing/shipping update FFS?

StevenC
Level 2
CyberReality, why do you avoid posting on the shipping/processing threads? Simply ignoring people's questions about shipping doesn't help anyone. Any news would be greatly appreciated. Even if it's bad news (i.e problems/delays in shipment), I'm sure the community would appreciate knowing; No one likes being left in the dark - especially if it's something that they're excited about.

There are many of us in NA who have ordered the Rift early August and would like to know when to expect a processing email at the very least.

Order ID: 0650XX
Purchase Date: Aug 6, 2013 06:19 PM PDT
436 REPLIES 436

ilovevr
Level 2
HOLY SHIT. I JUST GOT MY EMAIL. MAYBE TIM DID HAVE AN INFLUENCE ON THE SHIPPING!!! w00t!!!!!!!

DrKillinger
Level 2
If a single Rift dev kit from this NA batch ships by Monday 9/30 then technically the "start shipping at the end of September for US and Canadian customers." post by Cybereality is still true.

ilovevr
Level 2
now we can all be friends again. thanks Oculus!

kennethffx2
Level 2
You're receiving this email because your Oculus order will be advancing to "Processing" status in the next 1-2 business days.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Order #673XX
Ordered on August 17th 2013

Now everyone be nice.
Tim, I hope yours is shipping soon.

bidji
Level 2
"tim9600" wrote:
The vast majority of people in ancient times would've thought that slavery was ok. The vast majority of people in ancient times thought the sun revolved around the earth. A majority opinion doesn't make it right. I'm just ahead of my time. Someday your descendant's brains will evolve enough that they'll be able to fully comprehend logic as well. Just give it time.

you're cute when you try to be rational. comparing the dev kit shipping delays with slavery... wow, that was tactful, and it really helps making you look like the reasonable person you really are. I'm convinced, you win.

tim9600
Level 2
"ilovevr" wrote:
HOLY SHIT. I JUST GOT MY EMAIL. MAYBE TIM DID HAVE AN INFLUENCE ON THE SHIPPING!!! w00t!!!!!!!

Sometimes the only way to get respect is to make them fear you. I just got the email as well.

DrKillinger
Level 2
Quick! Someone still needs to Godwin the thread before the outrage settles!

cegli
Level 2
"DrKillinger" wrote:

As a person who hasn't got a processing email yet, I consider Oculus to have risen to a level of evil similar to the 3rd Reich during Hitlers reign! /Sarcasm

We should have just escalated it to the top and stopped the slow progression to crazy town days ago.

tim9600
Level 2
"bidji" wrote:
"tim9600" wrote:
The vast majority of people in ancient times would've thought that slavery was ok. The vast majority of people in ancient times thought the sun revolved around the earth. A majority opinion doesn't make it right. I'm just ahead of my time. Someday your descendant's brains will evolve enough that they'll be able to fully comprehend logic as well. Just give it time.

you're cute when you try to be rational. comparing the dev kit shipping delays with slavery... wow, that was tactful, and it really helps making you look like the reasonable person you really are. I'm convinced, you win.

I wasn't comparing dev kit delays to slavery, lol. I would naturally want to ask: how could you possibly have thought that? But I'm becoming more and more familiar with just how logically deficient your mind really is so I'm not one bit surprised you would say that.

You had made the assertion that because I'm in a minority opinion that I must be wrong so I compared that type of thinking with my slavery and sun analogy. And you distorted that so badly that you thought I was comparing dev kit delays with slavery?

...Seriously... what? ....I don't.... seriously.... how do you even function in life with a brain like that?

Decclaan
Level 2
"DrKillinger" wrote:

I got this.

Lol look at you americans thinking you're closer to receiving your rift because you got an email. I bet they just sent that out to cool your asses for a bit. As for us from Europe, we've already moved into processing and will have our devices LOOOOONG before you guys even get a shipping update.

lol enjoy your time in reality.... you nazi losers.

/jokes