cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you run vivecraft on low end pc? + Garry's Mod

achil9
Explorer

I have a mid range-low end laptop.  I plan on picking up a oculus quest 2 soon and was wondering, if I got virtual desktop and used it for Vivecraft. Would it run any good? Minecraft itself runs good and 300 fps ( I cap it at 100 FPS). I can usually get around 70 FPS with a LARGE amount of mods added but I know not to compare flat games to VR. I was also wondering how Garry's Mod would run due to my Xbox 360 Kinect failing due to the 20H1 update for windows (I used the Kinect like if it was VR). I plan on using VRMod (pretty sure its the only one out there rn). Just going to be playing with guns nothing intense. Sorry if this is a dumb question I'm very new to VR. 

Specs:

AMD Ryzen 3 3250U with Radeon Graphics 2.60 GHz

8.00 GB Ram

AMD Radeon Vega 3 Graphics

And remember this is a LAPTOP not a pc. 

10 REPLIES 10

ohgrant
Superstar

I would still have to say not a definite no. You have to take into account that you will still need a PCVR server if you want to run it in VR. You will need Steam VR to run it with virtual desktop. Steam VR requirements are less than Oculus's https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/steamvr/18560  Since Gary's mod is so light in system requirements. I certainly could not rule out that it wouldn't work without trying it. 

I'm pretty confident if you did get it to work, you would certainly not see the performance you are use to. Since your igpu is sharing system memory, I would think it would look pretty bad too.   

Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.