cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the pre-order payment method from CC to Paypal ?

HiThere_
Superstar
How safe is it to do that ?

answer :
"kojack" wrote:
Cyber just said in another thread that editing the payment doesn't affect your queue position.

I'm going the other way, changing paypal to visa. Paypal has higher fees and worse exchange rate if you don't live in america (ie. using american dollars as local currency).

More answers like this one available straight from the main pre-order thread : http://forums.oculus.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=28852
6 REPLIES 6

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yes, you can do this. Go here:

https://shop.oculus.com/history

Then edit the payment details.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

flyingsaucers
Expert Protege
"Cyril" wrote:
Initially I had to use a direct Credit Card pre-order because I was having trouble using Paypal as I wanted to ("something went wrong" error message).

Now things have calmed down I'd like to change my payment method back from "Credit Card" to "Paypal", and I do see the option to do that.

But I'm worried about how safe it is to do that, without making a mess of it, and delaying my delivery time in that process : Has anyone tried doing that yet ?

I did that exact switch and it was quick and easy, however there is a pre-approved payment notification that should appear on your PayPal profile when you pre-order the Rift that looks like this:

Oculus VR, LLC Facebook Payments [date of pre-order] $0.00 USD Active

This notification did not show up for me after switching my payment method from CC to PayPal. Not sure if it means anything or not, but worth noting.

HiThere_
Superstar
"flyingsaucers" wrote:
This notification did not show up for me after switching my payment method from CC to PayPal. Not sure if it means anything or not, but worth noting.

Thank you. With months of delivery delay at risk I won't touch anything for now.

Please update us on your progress 🙂

PS : Do you have any idea if you might have just pushed back your delivery date to July ?

kojack
MVP
MVP
"Cyril" wrote:
PS : Do you have any idea if you might have just pushed back your delivery date to July ?

Cyber just said in another thread that editing the payment doesn't affect your queue position.

I'm going the other way, changing paypal to visa. Paypal has higher fees and worse exchange rate if you don't live in america (ie. using american dollars as local currency).
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

j82k
Explorer
I can't even change the payment method to paypal, after clicking edit and chosing paypal from the drop down menu nothing happens. It still shows the credit card form and nothing about paypal. Tried with chrome and edge.

edit: even though my current pre-order is already with paypal, I have no idea which paypal account it is associated with, since I tried 2 different paypal accounts when the glitchy pre-order started and I don't remember which one I entered when it was successful.

HiThere_
Superstar
"kojack" wrote:

Selected as (my) best answer.

In my case I did perform the billing method change from Credit Cart to Paypal (because I am billed in my local currency, so I don't have to worry about the exchange rate), and the process was flawless : This is because the delivery address is not affected by changing the billing method, so you don't have to worry about Paypal changing your delivery address and making your pre-order run through the Oculus VR bot that checks your delivery address that can risk sending you a PM that "This is a notification that your shipping address could not be verified, and your order has been placed on hold until you update your shipping information.".

Most of this answer was available straight from the official pre-order thread : http://forums.oculus.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=28852