cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chronos Developer Showcase

VirtuaJulian
Adventurer
This week we are spending extra time focusing on Chronos from Gunfire Games as part of our Developer Showcase. We hope you enjoy these deeper dives into the games and experiences on Rift. To get started on the week, here is a look at the game from the recent launch trailer, enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJrh1QzXVYA

Chronos is an atmospheric RPG that chronicles one young hero’s lifelong
quest to save their homeland from a great evil. Central to this quest
is an ancient labyrinth, which holds the secrets necessary to restore
life and peace to their home. However, the architects of this labyrinth
designed it to open only once a year. The labyrinth is a test, and
each time the hero fails they are cast out and must wait one year to
return.
  • Adventure RPG - Refreshing combination of Adventure Game elements and RPG mechanics.
  • Virtual Reality - Explore an atmospheric fantasy world in full Virtual Reality.  The level of immersion, scale and detail is incredible!
  • Unique leveling mechanic - Each
    journey into the labyrinth cost the Hero a measure of his life.
    Player’s must adapt to their advancing age as they progress their
    character; start the game young , nimble and quick, and end wise and
    more attuned to magic.
  • Unlock the Secrets of the Labyrinth - There are many mysteries behind the origins of the labyrinth.  Who built it?  Why did they build it?  What does it do? 

We Want Your Questions!
As part of the week's activities, we're doing Q&A with the Gunfire Games developers and want your questions for the team! Are you interested in how the game came together? Or maybe interested in their approach to VR and a set position camera? Theories about the story? We want them all!

Check back every day this week for a bit more info and updates from the Gunfire Games team!
7 REPLIES 7

Ricktor_Black
Adventurer
Nice!  I'll check this out when I get home.  This is on the top of my list of games to check out when I get my Rift.  Thanks for the deep dive on this team and game.

VirtuaJulian
Adventurer

Nice!  I'll check this out when I get home.  This is on the top of my list of games to check out when I get my Rift.  Thanks for the deep dive on this team and game.

Chronos is the first Rift game I finished, I played it nonstop. Such a great experience, so much atmosphere in the world. And the combat / leveling system is super tight. Just thinking about it makes me want to revisit my hard playthrough :).

Jose
Heroic Explorer
What's crackin, gunfire.

In Herobound, the avatar's direction was influenced by the orientation of the player's head. That felt really weird because I had to keep my head still in order to allow the avatar to move in a straight line, which meant that I couldn't look around the environment while moving the avatar without having it go off course and bumping into walls and stuff. Does this problem still exist in Chronos? What are some of the things in Herobound that didn't work well, that you ended up solving and applying to the design of Chronos?

Do you guys have any pets?

AndrewJ71
Heroic Explorer
My rift is still months away. This game will definitely be my first purchase, though. Looks great.

Luciferous
Consultant
Just bought today, fantastic game. It seems to allow you to move about and not fixed to one spot. Anybody tried walking around if they have the space?

Aekero
Heroic Explorer
Love the game, imo one of the only "complete" games out there for VR, felt like the team really took care to ensure a good vr experience. I would kickstart anything for VR Gunfire came out with in a heartbeat! What's next? Any plan for dlc?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd love to try this. It's a cheeky question, I know, but are there any plans to make this available for Vive owners too?

(I know it runs under Revive at present, but I'd rather buy it with native support rather than rely on this)

*edit, several days later* I guess that's a no 😛