cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleaning the Rift

davidwyandgg
Explorer
Hey Rift Peeps!

So when the release version of the Rift ships I'm sure a lot of us will be showing it off. I could see myself showing it off with Torque 3D at a few events around Toronto.

However, the thought of the masses putting my Rift on their faces makes me go eeewww. :cry: What can we do to clean the foam on the Rift that touches the face? How about the plastic, such as around the nose? What does Oculus VR do to keep their Rifts clean while demonstrating them at various shows while not damaging them?

Thanks!

- Dave
24 REPLIES 24

cybereality
Grand Champion
We've been using Purell Sanitizing Hand Wipes when we go to shows.

That will probably be good enough to take care of germs.

You can also use micro-fiber cloths to clean the lenses.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

raijinspecial
Honored Guest
I heard the dev kits were designs to be dishwasher safe, is this true?

brantlew
Adventurer
I also use lens wipes because you tend to get a lot of grease on them from your forehead.

Boots
Honored Guest
Do you have any trouble with dust getting on the actual screen while changing lenses?

MrGeddings
Explorer
Um NO DO NOT PUT THE RIFT in the DISHWASHER Not sure if you were being funny but just thought id bold that just in case (you never know with some people) because of the LCD screens and other stuff inside it , youd likely much damage the unit if you tried to do that, Just use wipes as others have suggested :-).

But good to know thats a simple easy solution!

medrift
Honored Guest
"Raijinspecial" wrote:
I heard the dev kits were designs to be dishwasher safe, is this true?

:lol: I tried not to laugh.

CSHokie
Protege
We need the equivalent of those disposable, hose socks at the shoe store that you're supposed to put on!

Arne
Honored Guest
it should come with a Oculus branded balaclava.
My favorite Oculus Rift fan page:https://www.facebook.com/riftvr

RubberCircus
Honored Guest
"cshokie" wrote:
We need the equivalent of those disposable, hose socks at the shoe store that you're supposed to put on!

Ha, I like that. Buncha sock heads walking around when they leave the booth. :lol: