cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clicking "Oculus Link Rift" disconnects Quest from PC

Rykerfire7
Level 2
Hi,

Hoping someone might be able to help me out.

I have the Official Link Cable for my Quest 2 which up until a week or two ago was working brilliantly and without problem.  However, now when I enter the settings menu and click on Oculus Link Rift it goes black for a few seconds then shows three dots and returns me to the settings menu.  The “Oculus Link Rift option” briefly disappears but after a second reappears and I get a message saying “Oculus Link Available in Settings”.  

When I checked what was happening on my PC it showed that when I was clicking on "Oculus Link" in the settings menu my headset was disconnecting. 

I checked the Windows Event Viewer and I'm getting this:

Process C:\Program
Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime\OVRServer_x64.exe (process ID:12524) reset
policy scheme from {381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e} to {8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c}

Anyone experiencing anything similar or know what the above event information means?

Cheers.

1 REPLY 1

Zartan57
Level 2

Unfortunately it's not the source of these crashes.
Because any developers can access theses settings and it's the Power management of Windows.

And when the Oculus Link is cutted off (by crash or you) this "error" happen, but even if you disable the change with gpedit the crash keep happening for me.

I think theses disconnection is from the Quest himselft.

Maybe the old emergency exit by pressing 5 time the Home button is called by mistake, Since this feature is disabled now.