cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility Issues

Alex4411
Sightseer
Hello! I bought a VR-ready PC from ASUS and I now want to buy an Oculus headset too. Recently, I found out that even if the compatibility tests have positive results, Oculus won't work if the PC isn't "Oculus Ready". Although, some users were able to use the headset for other laptops. How can I know if mine is compatible?
PC: Asus Rog GL502VM
6 REPLIES 6

Meat_Man
Expert Protege
From what I see, your laptop has a GTX 1060, which is within the Oculus VR Ready Requirements.  The Oculus does technically work on weaker computers, just the frame rate will be low, leading to a poor quality experience.  Being that your computer is within the requirements and specifically says VR ready, you'll be able to hook the Oculus to it and run it with decent FPS.  

cybereality
Grand Champion
Unfortunately, it's very difficult to know for sure without actually testing the laptop with Rift. That is the point of the Oculus Ready program, as we can test and confirm compatibility. The Compatibility Tool will give you a rough idea, and should work decently on desktops, but for laptops is it very hard to tell.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

BeastyBaiter
Superstar
Should be fine, the technical specs are all pretty good and so it should run all games at higher detail settings at 90 fps locked. The price is fairly nice on newegg too, though out of stock.

The only issue that could possibly pop up is power draw on the USB ports. USB ports tend to have a max combined power output in addition to their individual port limits. VR devices, joysticks and other such high power draw items tend to bust those limits if all 3-4 devices are plugged into the same set of ports. So worst case scenario is you might need a $15 powered USB hub to give extra electricity. But that isn't a sure thing, it's just something that *might* happen. I don't see any other possible issues with it, looks like a really good laptop for VR.

Alex4411
Sightseer
I bought it a week ago and it works perfect. Thanks for the support.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Great news!
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Blueyesteph
Explorer
I bought an oculus rift a week ago and trying to set it up on Lenovo laptop with Intel core I7 / amd 1920x1080 / 3.0 usb / HD plugged it all in waited the for oculus rift compatibility software downloaded then it would run its test the click off and come up with repair program and multiple times doing so and never worked I gave u and just download the software as I been waiting to play it I get the software installed waited all night for it to search for my oculus app to then tell me restart the laptop or repair the oculus app I've done this now millions of times even unistalled it all and download again and yet I get the same problem everytime I get to to searching for oculus app also at the same time it's doing this the headset right eye is okay but the left is enlarged and I yet to look threw it with both working ????? I'm so lost at what to do I downloaded the repair software that didn't work. I'm completely stuck now and I just wanna play it ???