Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Congrats to Moss and Gorn for 1-million units sold

Zenbane
Level 15

In the news,

‘Moss’ and ‘GORN’ Join the Platinum Club With 1 Million Units Sold

https://www.roadtovr.com/moss-and-gorn-join-the-platinum-club-with-1-million-units-sold/

Moss (2018) and GORN (2019) have become the latest VR games to reach the 1 million unit ‘platinum’ mark, earning an estimated $22.5 million and $12 million, respectively, in revenue. Multi-platform development was key to their success.

Although both games were only available on a single VR platform at launch, over the years they were eventually ported to every major platform: PC VR, PSVR, and Oculus Quest, underscoring the importance of reaching across the spectrum of VR platforms to maximize success. Both games have consistently held position among the 20 best rated games on Quest.

I have played both games thoroughly. Moss is one of my all time favorite VR experiences. Amazing story and gameplay. Gorn still surprises me as a game that is so popular, as I found it rather bland and uninspiring. It has a decent arcade feel, but doesn't have the same gratifying experience of completing an epic storyline like Moss or mastering expert levels while burning calories like Beat Saber.

Speaking of Beat Saber, according to the article, it still reigns supreme as the VR Game most purchased (sorry, Alyx).

While these are certainly successes for VR titles, they pale in comparison to VR’s bonafide killer app, Beat Saber, which has averaged a whopping 121,200 units per month and an earned an estimated $180 million as of early 2021.

Overall though, it is amazing to see multiple titles hitting the 1-million units sold milestone!

12 REPLIES 12

Oculus_RyanS
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Well Alice, I haven't played that one yet, but I've heard good things 🙂

I beat Down the Rabbit Hole last year (a midst the lovely pandemic livin) and really enjoyed it. Here's my full review:

https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Games-and-Apps/Review-Down-the-Rabbit-Hole/m-p/759843

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Okay, fine… Moss (Quest version) and Down the Rabbit Hole bought.

I’m still busy with Sniper Elite and Zero Caliber Reloaded, but it’s nice to have something different lined up if I don’t feel like playing a shooter.

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2