cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Rift Stuttering

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I have an ROG STRIX 2080ti, an i7 9700k, Z390 E Gaming motherboard, 32 gigs of RAM, and a bunch of free storage on both my hard drive and my SSD (I built my computer recently). I was playing on my rift a couple days ago and everything was working fine, no issues at all. Got on it today and the rift WILL NOT STOP STUTTERING. Everywhere I look all I see is jittering and stuttering. It's extremely frustrating and very uneasy on the eyes. I want to say that the issue is something involving the December update but that wouldn't explain why it was working fine a couple days ago. I have tried using different HDMI ports and USB ports, no luck. I should also point out that the stuttering doesn't start until about thirty seconds after I put the headset on. I have tried closing all other applications, didn't help. My GPU and CPU temps are good, as are both the CPU usage and VRAM usage. I'm not sure what is causing this issue all of the sudden but it is leaving me with a major headache, both literally and metaphorically. Any help or solutions would be greatly appreciated!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

rednekcowboy77
Adventurer
I'm sure you have rebooted but had to say it anyways! 🙂

I had a great deal of difficulty even getting the Rift-S working on my desktop and even when I did, the performance was piss poor.  Aparaently this is an issue that Oculus is aware of but refuse to publicly announce.  They are "investigating" and will release a fix once they get it sorted.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

rednekcowboy77
Adventurer
I'm sure you have rebooted but had to say it anyways! 🙂

I had a great deal of difficulty even getting the Rift-S working on my desktop and even when I did, the performance was piss poor.  Aparaently this is an issue that Oculus is aware of but refuse to publicly announce.  They are "investigating" and will release a fix once they get it sorted.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Damn 😕 well I guess that's pretty relieving, I was getting worried it had something to do with my graphics card, those things aren't cheap! XD

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Same setup practically as me @SkeeterTeeter  can you check to see if MSI Afterburner is NOT running, that can cause issues mate.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

rednekcowboy77
Adventurer

Techy111 said:

Same setup practically as me @SkeeterTeeter  can you check to see if MSI Afterburner is NOT running, that can cause issues mate.

Why would MSI Afterbuner be installed on a system with an ASUS GPU and an ASUS Motherboard?  Am i missing something that you saw that I didn't?

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Loads of peeps get Afterburner because usually it's so good. Including me 😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

rednekcowboy77
Adventurer

Techy111 said:

Loads of peeps get Afterburner because usually it's so good. Including me 😉

That is quite the leap you are taking there.....no offense intended.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I.do like a good leap 🙂

RattyUK
Trustee

Techy111 said:

Why would MSI Afterbuner be installed on a system with an ASUS GPU and an ASUS Motherboard?  Am i missing something that you saw that I didn't?

Possibly because it is an excellent piece of software?
Why would folk use Open office on their Windows PC when Microsoft makes an Office suite?

PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

rednekcowboy77
Adventurer

RattyUK said:

Techy111 said:

Possibly because it is an excellent piece of software?
Why would folk use Open office on their Windows PC when Microsoft makes an Office suite?

Because open office is free and MS Office is an over-priced piece of software.....

Most typical users would have no idea what MSI Afterburner even was unless they owned an MSI piece of hardware was my only point--especially someone that built a complete Asus setup.