cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumer Rift Pre-Order MEGA-THREAD

cybereality
Grand Champion
So the same questions keep coming up, so I figured this would be a good idea (thanks @CardinalStorm!).

This will be a place for common questions and answers. If you have a unique issue, please feel free to make your own thread, but I will try to grab all the common stuff and add it here.

- Check the History Page to See if your Order Was Successful

If you are not sure if your order went through, please check the history page for the shop.
https://shop.oculus.com/history
Sign in if you ordered with your account, or choose guest if you ordered as a guest.
If you ordered as a guest and don't remember the order number, please check the confirmation email.

- Obtain Your Confirmation Email
If you did not receive your confirmation email, please go to this page and enter your email address.
https://shop.oculus.com/en-us/order-verification/

- Total Price Showing as "--" or "$0.00"
This issue has been solved. If you check your history page now it should show the full price.

- Problems Changing Addresses for Asian Orders
Some Asian customers have had problems updating their address due to a bug on our side. If you were affected by this, you may have had your address automatically changed to something incorrect. This feature is now disabled, so feel free to change your address now.

- Confusion over Currency in Some Regions
Australian order are actually quoted a price in USD. Sorry for the confusion.

- Updated Shipping Estimates
The estimated shipping time should be around the date that was shown when you pr-ordered. Unfortunately, this date is calculated dynamically, and is not actually stored in the database or on your order anywhere. So Oculus Support agents will not be able to tell you the estimated shipping time if you forgot or didn't see it. At a later day we may come up with a way to give more accurate estimates, but this is to be determined at this point.

- Touch Pre-Order Reservations
Anyone that has a successful Oculus Rift pre-order will be given a reservation for Touch. It won't matter if the page had an error in that section, we will honor the reservation.

- When Does Shipping Start
Oculus Rift pre-orders will begin shipping starting on March 28th, 2016.

- Entering Your VAT Number to Remove VAT in EU
No, we don't support removing VAT from the order.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
680 REPLIES 680

Anonymous
Not applicable

Zuhan said:

Ah, ok. Keep us posted when you hear/see something about your order.

I will. Thanks....

Craiger13
Explorer

Takatu said:

Are there still mails going out? I got no update.

NOOPPEEEE!!!!!! And with RoadRunner as my email provider; I STILL CAN'T EVEN GET A VALID LINK SENT TO ME SO I CAN CHECK THE STATUS OF MY ORDER!! Was told last week that they're having issues with Roadrunner accounts, and that they'd be looking/working to get it fixed! Obviously they haven't got that right either..... The beat just goes on-and-on with this company!!!!

RoadRunner customer here. The exact same thing happens to me. I received my pre-order confirmation email just fine and was able to view my order for a couple of weeks after. Since then, I am unable to receive a valid link to check my order. I made a support ticket 2 days ago and instantly received email confirmation that I created a ticket so I know they can send me emails. I haven't heard from them since the confirmation. Support should just attach my order status to their emails to me so that I can at least know what my estimated delivery time is.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Craiger13 said:

Takatu said:

Are there still mails going out? I got no update.

NOOPPEEEE!!!!!! And with RoadRunner as my email provider; I STILL CAN'T EVEN GET A VALID LINK SENT TO ME SO I CAN CHECK THE STATUS OF MY ORDER!! Was told last week that they're having issues with Roadrunner accounts, and that they'd be looking/working to get it fixed! Obviously they haven't got that right either..... The beat just goes on-and-on with this company!!!!

RoadRunner customer here. The exact same thing happens to me. I received my pre-order confirmation email just fine and was able to view my order for a couple of weeks after. Since then, I am unable to receive a valid link to check my order. I made a support ticket 2 days ago and instantly received email confirmation that I created a ticket so I know they can send me emails. I haven't heard from them since the confirmation. Support should just attach my order status to their emails to me so that I can at least know what my estimated delivery time is.

It sucks, but at least I know there's others having the same issue(s). Of all the email services, ours is the ONLY one having this problem. How is that? Even support at Time Warner can't figure it out. I've sent three requests in the past day, and haven't got one response. Last week they were coming in four or five hours after the request. This week; not even responding..... Sweet!!

mmx01
Explorer
To be fair I cannot complain about the support. Address validity issue was resolved in a day, order cancellation processed in a day. I'm sure they have no full picture or answers to some of the questions and on the top of technical challenges this is what is causing delays in answers.

Mind they are at the end of the food chain ... this is really outcome of the mgmt. decissions, either lack of risk management, planning or "we will make it in a cost optimal model" caused this.

Before anybody goes with Oculus is backed by FB etc. Sony & other giants don't suffer from cash shortage either. Business plan risk is simply calculated into the business case in a monetary way. How much we are willing to invest risk wise so we could accept in case it goes wrong (risk appetite). This drives the decissions on when & how much units are prepared before Go Live date so the negative impact to NPV is mitigated as much as possible. You don't want to freeze your cash for nothing, money needs to flow to make more money.

Regards,
Mariusz

tzuvela
Protege
pre order timestamp: Wed, 06 Jan 2016 16:07:04 GMT
Order number 613000026XXXXX
Estimated Ship Date
5/2/2016 - 5/12/2016
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. Richard Feynman

tzuvela
Protege
I can't play Eve on my DK2 as my CV1 has not yet shipped (not my fault) and developers are saying that we need to buy Founders Pack for immediate access to Eve Valkyrie...
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. Richard Feynman

pedrw
Expert Protege
xxx31xxx UK. 5/23/2016 - 6/2/2016

My DK2 crashed since the summer of last year! And there is a strong possibility of my pre-order is canceled! And if that happens I think a good part of my faith in humanity will die forever! Unfortunately people are false and bad! And only my dog (Alf) deserves my trust and love! Because he never lets me down!

pllpf3mni03h.jpg

oscope
Protege
I'd cancel my order if the Vive wasn't back ordered till june.  That and I can't stand Steam's touch pads on controllers. I ordered day one(albeit kind of late in the day) and est. ship date is 6/26/16 - 7/7/16.  At this point it might be possible to order the touch controllers by the time I get the actual headset. If the touch controllers launch in this way I can probably expect those around christmas-or later.  I really don't know what to do at this point. I was soo damn excited for VR and with both HMD's experiencing supply/demand difficulties I'm a little upset and beginning to think I should just wait for a gen. 2 model sometime down the road.  I think it's piss poor of Oculus and Valve/HTC to call these "launch dates".  These are more like leetists who get their order in the first 10 minutes might get theirs in a month kind of thing.  Hardly a "launch".   When NASA "launch's" a rocket does 1/8 of it orbit first then the rest shows up  a few months later?  I'm not a rocket scientist so I'm not sure. 

RikkTheGaijin
Heroic Explorer

oscope said:

est. ship date is 6/26/16 - 7/7/16.  At this point it might be possible to order the touch controllers by the time I get the actual headset. 

Touch controllers will go on sale in September.

Anonymous
Not applicable

oscope said:

est. ship date is 6/26/16 - 7/7/16.  At this point it might be possible to order the touch controllers by the time I get the actual headset. 

Touch controllers will go on sale in September.

Where did you hear this? Good news for Rifters if it's true!