cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could This Work In VR?

Don't laugh - there will be a market for this - if people are looking for relaxing "scenes" then surely they might also like this too?

Might work well with the Touch controllers 😉

Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3
5 REPLIES 5

statica
Honored Guest
I think you might be right. I thought of the fireplace pc program which just show a burning fireplace and also the aquarium version where all you see is fish swimming around in an aquarium. So think the VR effect could be used to make such stress free and relaxing environments with audio and after having watched videos on Youtube of just how much people react when they use the Oculus headset then im sure the effect of riding a rollercoaster could be reverse from fear and excitement to relaxation and stress free environment. So think it will be out at some point 🙂

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee
I dunno, seems you'd want something to completely block out the annoying rest of the world, and the rift headphones don't look like they'd do that at all... :lol:

rlabelle
Protege
Realistically in full VR with motion controllers there is no difference between this and actual fishing, except minus the mosquitos. I will say however I find fishing extremely boring so to me they look about the same, lol.

On the other hand one of the things I'm looking forward to once I get my Omni is walking around on Google Moon and Mars. I think that would be extremely relaxing and awe inspiring, so I guess to each their own.
Youtube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCDrvzyiqz8Qiu7 ... irmation=1 FaceBook: www.facebook.com/The-Wombat-Cave-103351200009813/ Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheWombatCave Upcoming: Sixense Stem-May,Virtuix Omni-April,HTC Vive-?,Oculus CV1-Mar.28

Ashles
Protege
"andyring" wrote:
Don't laugh - there will be a market for this - if people are looking for relaxing "scenes" then surely they might also like this too?

Might work well with the Touch controllers 😉

I think this kind of experience could actually be huge, especially if combined with commonly used apps - eg Kindle reader, music player/streamer, YouTube on a little TV at the side, internet on a little window when you want it etc - media and relaxation but in an immersive and (very vaguely 🙂 ) active environment.
"Into every life a little fantasy must fall..."

"rlabelle" wrote:
Realistically in full VR with motion controllers there is no difference between this and actual fishing, except minus the mosquitos. I will say however I find fishing extremely boring so to me they look about the same, lol.

On the other hand one of the things I'm looking forward to once I get my Omni is walking around on Google Moon and Mars. I think that would be extremely relaxing and awe inspiring, so I guess to each their own.

I think these more relaxing apps would be suited for those who don't or can't leave the house for whatever reason.

Of course you don't have to fish at the local lake - you could be fishing in a lake up in the Himalayas or a magical lake on the Moon?
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3