cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card REQUIRED to REDEEM Eve Valkyrie?!?

StreetPreacher
Adventurer
I just attempted to redeem my Eve Valkyrie Founders code and Oculus Home is asking me to enter a Credit Card?!?

I don't want to give Oculus Home my credit card information, and I don't plan to purchase ANY in game content, so is there any way I'll be able to get my free game?

This seems like a very sneaky and shady way to provide a 'free' game...
35 REPLIES 35

Zandil
Rising Star
Redeem Code is there, sorry not at home so can't guide you more then, but it's up in the settings menu somewhere.

H4TE
Expert Protege

I should add, there are no hidden fees or subscriptions on the Oculus Store, and the credit card is only used to make actual purchases of games or content on the Store.

@cybereality Is PayPal already an option to pay?

Because credit cards arent thaaat common compared to PayPal users here, and of course i would like to play some games when i receive my unit. :worried: 

cybereality
Grand Champion
No. PayPal is not an option for digital purchases. Sorry.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable

StreetPreacher
Adventurer
Thanks, I just noticed that I Steam must do code redemption the same way...

Honestly, I'm in software development, and who the hell decided that Free Game codes need to be redeemed through the Settings menu, and there not be an option to enter a code when you click on the GIANT GAME ICON in the store??!?!

I guess I need to design everything...  thanks again for explaining these retarded self perpetuating storefront design decisions to me!

Now I can decide if I need a HOTAS 😉

H4TE
Expert Protege

No. PayPal is not an option for digital purchases. Sorry.

Ouch..

Protocol7
Heroic Explorer
Will Paypal become an option in the future? And are we able to buy games or apps from the oculus website instead of through Oculus Home? It works fine on Steam so I hope this will happen soon.

FokkerFace
Explorer

I dunno about here, but you can't download free stuff from Apple's App Store without putting in a credit card.

Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure I don't have my CC details on apple store, and I still can get all the free apps and games. 
DK2 sold Rift - preordered, shipment estimate March 28. cancelled. MSI X99A RAIDER, i7-5820K + Corsair H110i GTX, Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64 GB (4x16GB Quad Channel), AMD Radeon R9 Fury X, SSD RAID0 (2x256GB Sata3 A-Data SX900), OCZ ZX 850W 80+

CharlieHobbes
Rising Star

Thanks, I just noticed that I Steam must do code redemption the same way...

Honestly, I'm in software development, and who the hell decided that Free Game codes need to be redeemed through the Settings menu, and there not be an option to enter a code when you click on the GIANT GAME ICON in the store??!?!

I guess I need to design everything...  thanks again for explaining these retarded self perpetuating storefront design decisions to me!

Now I can decide if I need a HOTAS 😉

The answer is YES. But maybe not for Valkyrie.

You will need that HOTAS for Elite: Dangerous, War Thunder and others.

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
Do you have to use a credit card on Oculus store or can I use my Visa Debit card in the UK because I don't actually own a credit card?

Thanks in advance.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!