cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

DK2 oops

Invoke
Level 2
To all:
I see now that my initial reaction to the news was way too strong and I apologize for throwing it out there without some more research into the subject, I think my sleep deprivation is getting to me.

Part of what fired me up is that I read somewhere that it would include positional tracking, which would be a big deal for me when I thought that there would be no DK2.

I understand the heavy responses and reading your viewpoints greatly changes my view on the issue, thank you.

I'd love to delete the topic but I can't :oops: , guess that's penance.

I couldn't believe the news at first.. a Devkit 2 will be released to the public.

Before I ordered my devkit I made sure to read up on everything including the official statement that there wouldn't be a DK2 and now this happens.. I feel screwed over as a small developer. Do I really have to invest in a second devkit to keep up with others?. ๐Ÿ˜ I don't have money growing on my back.

I'm hoping for a big discount for people who already received a DK1 with the premise of a DK2 not being brought into existance.

Otherwise, I want a full refund or upgrade to DK2. Is this fair to ask? well it might not be, but lying to your customers isn't either.
Programmer - No need for alcohol anymore, I'm drunk on VR. Now where's that bucket.. ~ Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.
43 REPLIES 43

Invoke
Level 2
@unity2k Thanks for giving me the chance ๐Ÿ™‚

"robvld" wrote:
"Invoke" wrote:
To all:
I see now that my initial reaction to the news was way too strong and I apologize for throwing it out there without some more research into the subject


I dont see why you should appologize... i agree with what you said...


It was too strongly worded and without adequate research, i still have a sour taste in my mouth from the DK2 announcement though.
Programmer - No need for alcohol anymore, I'm drunk on VR. Now where's that bucket.. ~ Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

robvld
Level 2
"Invoke" wrote:
@unity2k Thanks for giving me the chance ๐Ÿ™‚

"robvld" wrote:
"Invoke" wrote:
To all:
I see now that my initial reaction to the news was way too strong and I apologize for throwing it out there without some more research into the subject


I dont see why you should appologize... i agree with what you said...


It was too strongly worded and without adequate research, i still have a sour taste in my mouth from the DK2 announcement though.


thanks for giving you another chance? pfff really? ๐Ÿ˜›

yah, well why should you care about any of them... it is your opinion... stick by it...
i think it is very sour... its a f*ng exspensive piece of equipment...

pho
Level 2
great, another one now
stop trolling, you got what you paid for

as pointed out numerous times; you can still sell your DK1 on eBay and get the full investment back

for **** sake, some people...

faust
Level 2
"robvld" wrote:
and i think you're an idiot(and others in this thread i am not gonna waste my time on to look up their names)... there is little to no interaction with the developers/DK-consumers... they bring this understandable critism down uppon themselves...


Wow. The OP reconsiders his views, issues a very classy and respect-worthy mea culpa... And you swoop in to double down. In what way, pray tell, does interaction between the devs and the customer base have anything to do with a DK2 release, or for that matter how does it make it "reasonable" to expect a concession that doesn't exist in any other market? As others have pointed out, you don't get a free or discounted video card when a AMD/Nvidia puts out a new model, nor do you get a free/discounted computer, television set or toaster oven for that matter. Communication with the devs has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Frito
Level 3
"robvld" wrote:

i think it is very sour... its a f*ng exspensive piece of equipment...


Cmon ppl, dont forget we are talking about VR renaissance here, its not just a new gpu with dx12 or something like that... this is the f*cking future
Backer "Have faith." -Palmer Luckey

robvld
Level 2
"faust" wrote:
only a double? i was hoping for a ton of bricks for the ppl like you... if i have an opinion who the hell are you to tell me that i have to revise it... i will change it based uppon arguements, not because you think you are "right"

you're talking about fully proven and tested hardware dude...

just that you have something interesting going on with a lot of bright minds working on it doesnt mean its guaranteed for success... i've seen much larger products fail just because there was no interaction with their community...

and well yeah, actions like these feel like a rip off

Frito
Level 3
"robvld" wrote:

just that you have something interesting going on with a lot of bright minds working on it doesnt mean its guaranteed for success... i've seen much larger products fail just because there was no interaction with their community...


What products? i honestly would like to know
Backer "Have faith." -Palmer Luckey

robvld
Level 2
"Frito" wrote:
"robvld" wrote:

just that you have something interesting going on with a lot of bright minds working on it doesnt mean its guaranteed for success... i've seen much larger products fail just because there was no interaction with their community...


What products? i honestly would like to know


i know most developers live under a rock but... is this meant to be funny or...?

faust
Level 2
"robvld" wrote:
only a double? i was hoping for a ton of bricks for the ppl like you...


Well, gosh, a reasonable and level-headed statement like that is sure to make us agree with you.

if i have an opinion who the hell are you to tell me that i have to revise it... i will change it based uppon arguements, not because you think you are "right"


Er, who said you did? I asked you to explain why a lack of communication from the devs makes "DK2 should be free or discounted to DK1 buyers" a reasonable stance to take. I didn't say "you have to revise your opinion", nor did I say you should change your mind "because I think I'm right". You're raging against things nobody is saying.

Frito
Level 3
"robvld" wrote:
"Frito" wrote:
"robvld" wrote:

just that you have something interesting going on with a lot of bright minds working on it doesnt mean its guaranteed for success... i've seen much larger products fail just because there was no interaction with their community...


What products? i honestly would like to know


i know most developers live under a rock but... is this meant to be funny or...?



Well could be, but what I find really funny is when people whine without arguments.

Again, please let us know what are the products that are comparable with the dev kit that didnt succeed because of no interaction with their community
Backer "Have faith." -Palmer Luckey