cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DK2 was displaying but now is not.

russty93
Honored Guest
So yeah I had it working and then as soon as I installed the runtime for windows and start steam VR the whole thing crashed. Now If I push the power button on the DK2 it just goes to standby mode. It turns on when I put it into extended desktop but everything is sideways. Also I load the test scene or steam vr is displays on my desktop but not in the DK2
4 REPLIES 4

cybereality
Grand Champion
Have you tried switching between Direct and Extended mode?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

ThreeEyes
Explorer
Sideways means you haven't rotated the display in Windows.

From what you say, it is displaying. It is hard to emphasize enough that you have to be accurate in describing what is happening. You also need to give details on your computer, what you have done and what the results were, etc.

Accurately.
But... but... but... I just NEED to know about the Baba! The Baba has me hypmotized! :shock:

cybereality
Grand Champion
Ah yeah, must have skimmed past the part.

For the sideways thing, just go into Windows display settings and change the orientation.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

russty93
Honored Guest
ok so I got is to work in extended mode. RIght now I'm on my lap top I guessing that the DK2 works better for desktop. Still dont understand why it started to work in Direct HDM without the run time at first. However when in it is direct it only still displays on my laptop screen an tracks the headset.