cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Firmware updates?

Morituri_te
Protege
Are we getting daily firmware updates? Everytime i restart my computer (it boots fast so i shut it off when im not using it), im told there is a firmware update, i do the firmware update, get told there is a problem, disconnect eveeything and reconnect everything and try again. Then it tells me firmware update sucessful.

So are we really getting new updates everyday? Or is it not really updating? This is really a pain in the ash either way.

Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

cybereality
Grand Champion
No, there should not be daily updates, usually it is only once per month if even that. Something must be bugged out with your system.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

bigmike20vt
Visionary
are you in the beta branch? after a clean install on Sunday, i have had 2 updates after installing the initial software inc 1 last night.

but that is the nature of being in an opt in beta.

PS under settings / devices see if there are any warnings.... It took me ages to get all the sensors and hmd plugged into usbs which gave me ticks accross the board, until then i kept getting poor tracking error warnings and catestropphic faulure warnings on the sensors which was causing all sorts of silly things which could be giving you issues too.

i hope CV2 uses the Santa Cruz inside out tracking
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

elboffor
Consultant

CV2

Rift2 not cv2 😛
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

bigmike20vt
Visionary
well what ever the name, i just hope it comes without the need to overload my USB ports or use overly long usb extension cables which put the data transmission right on the edge. 😉

IF I was a pedant tho, i may argue that i am currently using Rift 3 😛
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

RorschachPhoeni
Trustee

elboffor said:

CV2

Rift2 not cv2 😛

No dude, it is called the Oculus 2. But it could also be the Facebook 2. Or the Faceboculus CV2 Rift.
Excuse my bad english. I speak to you through the google translator. 😛

elboffor
Consultant
It will not be cv anything.
We are in the era of consumer version products.
Lets just call the next itteration bob

Morituri_te
Protege
Im not in the beta, so it must be my system. Have an alienware laptop with graphics exellerator with a  nvidia 1080 ti. Windows 10.
Any idea What it might be? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

elboffor said:

CV2

Rift2 not cv2 😛

Nope. Considering that the Touch controllers are made out of Nintendium they'll be going the Nintendo route for their names. The Rift, then the Super Rift, then the Rift 64, the RiftCube, the Riftii, the Rift U and then the SwRiftch.

You heard it all here first.  B)

elboffor
Consultant
Can't wait for the super rift