cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desperate for Help. Oculus goes black and then loads homepage during Iracing race.

fearthespur89
Honored Guest
I have no idea of what is wrong. I have the Oculus Rift and it seems after about 20 minutes it crashes(turns black, then i hear Oculus home music and I load back into the dashboard) I have tried everything with usb drivers, graphic card updates but I can not figure out why it is leaving the game. Any advice would help. Thanks! Some error logs are

Missing entitlement for 704069629944399 (1971031) OVR6139226
 Windows encountered an error: The requested operation requires elevation. (1971052)
3 REPLIES 3

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Not sure but it could be a memory issue.  I get this sometimes when I'm using high demand flight and racing sims.  First thing might be to take off andy CPU and GPU overclocking since these can affect VR system stability.  See if you can check your Ram and ensure you have at least 16gb to start with.  Also, avoid running unnecessary apps in the background, including pined windows.

Otherwise, start a ticket with Oculus support and include your logfiles.  Good luck.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

fearthespur89
Honored Guest
I really want to thank you for your comment. I have 16 GB of ram and its happening during unstressful load on the GPU(No crazy screen crashes on screen). It is almost like for a split second the oculus wants to start up the homepage which subsequently removes me from iracing. I lost my controllers during a recent move and I have been using the XBOX controller and I have noticed that when I come back the first thing I see is that it cant find the rift controller. Could that possibly be the issue that's making me come back to the homepage? I have updated all my drivers today and noticed Generic SuperSpeed USB Hub had an error on the drive. I deleted it and it reinstalled itself upon restart. I am just searching for answers and I know this is something it could be various things, but I am confident its not a hardware problem but rather a software. Thanks again for the reply!

itzNAMRO
Honored Guest
Hi @fearthespur89. Did you find a solution for this? Ever since updating to the latest version of iRacing (season 3) I disconnect from all session types when in VR. Never had the issue before but since S3 it's all gone wrong! I've uninstalled iRacing and reinstalled, I've updated GPU drivers and USB drivers. Checked for system updates etc. I've dialed back all the graphic settings and still no joy. I'm honestly at a loss!