cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I pre-order successfully?

Shaded_War
Honored Guest
I received a order number but I don't see anything on paypal and no order confirmation email.

Plus, for whatever reason the price at checkout never showed the estimated taxes and shipping. Checking the order history shows "This price does not include tax and shipping. Estimated Total: --".

So I have no idea what the total cost is, or if the order went through properly.

EDIT: Paypal shows two different preapproved payments for $0 to "Oculus VR, LLC" and "Oculus VR LLC" (one without a comma). Not sure if this is because it never showed me a price on my order or it's supposed to be $0.
92 REPLIES 92

Cozmo85
Honored Guest
Got this on reddit from an oculus rep

Your preorders are good to go. There was a very small window during peak where tax was not calculated, and therefore, it could not display the final estimated pricing, hence what you are seeing. We're going to run through the database tonight and clean everything up. It should display tomorrow for you. Hang tight.

cybereality
Grand Champion
We are investigating the $0.00 price error.

I'm pretty sure we can fix this, and save your place, but we need more time to look into it.

Thanks for your patience.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

mtojay
Sightseer
"cybereality" wrote:

I'm pretty sure we can fix this, and save your place, but we need more time to look into it.

thx for the info.

everything will be fine 🙂

Weavus
Protege
"mtojay" wrote:
everything will be fine 🙂

I'm not so sure. I've got two pre-orders in my history but neither generated an email or are showing as valid orders when I logout and search for an order by number and email address.

I do have about 60 pre-auth charges on my credit cards for all the times I tried to submit the order in the minutes after pre-orders went live.

MrFujisawa
Honored Guest
"cybereality" wrote:

I really hope this is true, I have the same issue, I really don't want to lose my place :S

matthewgard1
Honored Guest
same problem, hope not bumped to back of the line 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable
"JeremyFisher" wrote:
I'm not sure I ordered successfully either. I didn't receive the order confirmation page but in my account order history it says it was pre-ordered, albeit without an order #. So I'm really not sure what to do atm. Because it's in my history, I can't pre-order again.

I really hope my place in line is kept. :cry:

when you look at the order history record for your preorder, the order number is in the URL.

JeremyFisher
Explorer
"Cmdr_Takoda" wrote:
when you look at the order history record for your preorder, the order number is in the URL.

Yes I found that out recently, thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
For those that did not get an email, BUT DO HAVE a record in your order history....... your order number appears in the URL of your "Order History" order record.

(ie go to your order history, click on your pre-order record that appears there, and look on the url line. notice the number that starts 613000027***** thats the one

I'm right with you all, and didn't receive a confirmation email, but the number in the URL is consistent with the other confirmation numbers I've seen floating around.

So HOPEFULLY someone will confirm this to be true, and our places in line are set. If not..... well I might re-evaluate waiting for the Vine to be released.... as from what I've heard, my place at the back of the line might work out to be about the same time as the HTC release. *grin*

But lets be honest.... We're all just excited about commercial VR finally arriving!

sparkie14
Expert Protege
"CharlieHobbes" wrote:
"r00x" wrote:
"Shaded_War" wrote:

Agreed. If I have to join the back of the queue then sod it, will wait and see how badly HTC will let me down instead.

Some confirmation from Oculus on estimated delivery times currently shown in order status would be useful.
When I ordered it said March, now the status page shows 01-06-2015

That's a pretty substantial difference. Is this an accurate reflection of expected delivery time?

Personally I find the higher than expected price point disappointing, but in combination with such late delivery it becomes a bit insulting. For 600$ a pop you could have had stock ready to ship tbh.

01-06 is todays order date not delivery date hmmmm