cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distortion with Direct to Rift with new nVidia drivers

beesonwt
Honored Guest
Hello everyone,

I have an unusual problem with direct to rift mode. I have searched forums and not seen any comment on this type of problem. I have GeForce GTX 780, 144 hz primary monitor, windows 8.1, and just updated to the newest nVidia drivers 344.65.

I get good performance in extended mode, but direct to rift I have an error where the left side of the screen has glitches in it. I don't get full 3D rendering. It's as if only one half of the display is rendering properly. Any thoughts on what to do to fix this? The Oculus Config Utility demo shows this problem so I assume it is an issue with how it works with the new nVidia driver.

Anyone have any idea what I could try to resolve this issue? Thanks!
29 REPLIES 29

beesonwt
Honored Guest
I have been continuing to trouble shoot and what is happening is the image is being rendered off center (to the right). This makes it so that the left hand side is distorted and blurry. Was able to see this clearly in the oculus IPD correction setting. The whole scene is rendered 20 degrees too far to the right.

Any fixes for work arounds for this problem?

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you take a picture of the problem? I'm having trouble understanding what the issue is.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

beesonwt
Honored Guest
How do you take a picture of what the screen is on the rift in direct mode? Printscreen just shows whats on my monitor.

What I am seeing now is vertical lines on the left hand side of the left eye and the normal looking image on the right eye. In extended mode everything is perfect.

cybereality
Grand Champion
You would need to twist the lenses out and take a photo with a phone.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

beesonwt
Honored Guest
This shows what it looks like fairly well. Vertical lines on the far left side.

cybereality
Grand Champion
OK, thanks. That certainly does not look normal.

Can you try setting your monitor to 1080p @ 60Hz and disable G-Sync if it supports it?

beesonwt
Honored Guest
Thanks for the real-time assistance.

I tried turning of g-sync and turning down refresh rate to 60hz. This didn't fix the problem, but the left hand side changed from being vertical blue lines to a yellow pixelated mess.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you post a DxDiag export file (use Google Drive or something cause the forum uploads are messed up)?

Also, which monitor model are you using?