cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disturbing Nausea Association

jwilkins
Level 2
If I watch a Rift video that makes me sick then for hours afterwards looking at any computer generated 3D graphics will make me feel sick again...
(╯°□°)╯︵┻━┻
46 REPLIES 46

geekmaster
Level 4

KBK
Level 4
That must be the Osmond Family. That would do it.
Intelligence... is not inherent - it is a point in understanding. Q: When does a fire become self sustaining?

bellch87
Level 2
In the Navy they told us to stay hydrated to prevent sea sickness. Maybe this will help with VR sickness. 😄

KBK
Level 4
"bellch87" wrote:
In the Navy they told us to stay hydrated to prevent sea sickness. Maybe this will help with VR sickness. 😄

When dehydrated, your peripheral vision tends to be less 'available'. Awareness decreases, vision narrows, etc.
Intelligence... is not inherent - it is a point in understanding. Q: When does a fire become self sustaining?

Huckleberry
Level 2
"vin" wrote:
"Huckleberry" wrote:
Can anyone help with how to adjust IPD (as a player) in the UDK and Unity demos that don't make it obvious in game?

Is there an .ini file that can be edited?

In UDK, the engine ini has a [Engine.Stereo3D] section.

Thanks vin...found it. They were all set to a default of 64....and mine's 57.5! Hopefully that will help! Now I just gotta figure out how to do it in Unity.

geekmaster
Level 4
This topic seems to be popular again...

cleverusername
Level 3
I was with the vrcade people at ifest and jamie kelly kept asking me to try the system. But i would not and he seemed to get mad 😞 i meant him no disrespect and think they have a great thing (watched hundreds of people use it w no signs of nausea). But i dont want to beta test this stuff for the reasons given in this thread. I dont want a subpar experience to cause associations that affect me later on like kbk says w the tequila. How many people may be ruined from future vr goodness because of an initial bad vr experience? I am patient enough to wait years or even a decade for it all to be excellent. The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese.

I just got a new Samsung TV with that frame interpolation tech and I can't stand it. After just a few minutes I couldn't look at the real world without that same effect seemingly at play. Very eerie.
mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4123 I am looking into that LEEP VR I lack practical 3d knowledge, I have found some good links, but I am not sure if they are the ones you were talking about. Would you mind direct linking me to them? :oops: