cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you regret buying an Oculus VR headset?

AllUpInYoFace
Honored Guest
I don't personally (Go & Quest), but I know lots of people who tried VR and couldn't get comfortable, so quickly stopped using their headsets. 
I guess fewer people around here are going to regret the purchase for that reason (!), but perhaps some wish you'd chosen an alternative headset?

I don't love that Facebook owns it/it's so locked down. 
31 REPLIES 31

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Rift cv1 w/2x sensors and Go.  Luv them both, esp. the Go for Travel.  I have no desire to get the current Quest right now.

My only recent regret is buying a Vive Cosmos, lol!  However, I'm still pretty happy with my Vive Pro.  I just wish Valve would start shipping Index controllers to Australia.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee

Owned DK2 and CV1.
My only regret is not going in on the KSer for DK1.

I dont have any interest in "upgrading" to a RiftS or getting a quest however..... but I have high hopes for a quest version 2 hopefully next year

Unless there is a CV2 with the same comfort as the CV1 but with better lens, res per eye, same great audio, similar VR controllers and with external tracking, then i think i am done with FB VR products as none of their present VR devices tickle my fancy, BUT! you just never know what is around the corner, so who knows. 😉
CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

Luciferous
Consultant
No my CV1 has been great. Do I regret not buying an Oculus headset recently, then no. If the CV1 broke at this moment, damn I would be in a pickle.  I may have to buy a Rift S but it would be begrudgingly as a temporary measure whilst I wait for the next generation.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

TUBSKEY said:

At this point I regret it

Setup.exe just crashes cant even install software. Nothing has worked for me. Biggest waste of money. 

Unless you have the same problem using the Oculus hmd on several compatible PCs, I'd think your problem isn't Oculus, but your PC. If the hmd is faulty, contact Oculus Support. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I placed day-one pre-orders for DK2, Rift CV1, Touch, Go, and Quest. Don't regret any of them (although I haven't touched my Go in ages, it was cheap, so whatever). I've been very happy with all of my Oculus hardware, and look forward to whatever comes next.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

VR2018FR
Expert Protege
YES ! Since   december 5yh  i'am stuck with an oculus rift-s stuck in that install software loop and display port not detected !

ohgrant
Superstar
 DK1, DK2, CV1, Gear VR and Quest  Also Vive and HP Reverb. No regrets 
Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

DK1, DK2, CV1, now the Rift S.  Gear VR Innovators Edition, Gear VR consumer edition and Oculus Quest.  

Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
No regrets at all, particularly with the Rift S. It's a large step up from the Rift in terms of clarity, larger than I expected, and is sooooooooooo much more comfortable than the Rift that it's just plain ridiculous.

I'm really hoping that the Rift 2 will also have the Halo head strap because it's nothing short of incredible imo.

soulburn74
Protege
I've had the CV1 since '16 and loved its progression!! I use it regularly still!