cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does CV1 solve the DK2 "Out Of Bounds" problem?

Wireline
Explorer
Hello

Something I run into with my DK2 and the camera mounted up on my monitor is that its really easy to go out of bounds with the tracking volume, and all of a sudden the image does a pause and a backflip. I don't get nausea anymore, but it can be a pain when I am trying to look down, say at some text on a cockpit panel, and I can only go so far.

Does the CV1 have a couple of cameras, or an otherwise extended tracking volume? It has sensors on the back too right, so I can look back at my engines or wings without having to move sideways first and then turn round?
2 REPLIES 2

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yes, the tracking volume is expanded and is more resilient, even with a single sensor. Since there are additional LEDs on the back of head, this means you can turn further, and you are less likely to exceed the boundaries. Overall a big improvement.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Wireline
Explorer
"cybereality" wrote:
Yes, the tracking volume is expanded and is more resilient, even with a single sensor. Since there are additional LEDs on the back of head, this means you can turn further, and you are less likely to exceed the boundaries. Overall a big improvement.

Cheers Cyber.