cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't Email Me Asking Me For My Phone Number - It's Just Creepy!

So I ordered my cover - 3 or 4 weeks ago - I think I had been emailed about it via the email address I've used with Oculus since day 1.

Today or yesterday I have another email "There's an issue with your Oculus Silicone Cover order".

blah blah "Review and update your phone number as soon as possible"

There was no phone number associated with my account - I've never added one.

You're getting really creepy now Mark!

Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, the reason we request your phone number is the same reason we request it for any orders - it's provided to the courier handling your order so that they can contact you in regards to your delivery if need be. If you have any further questions or concerns about the replacement process. please click here to submit a ticket. Thanks.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Some shippers require a contact phone number.  No big deal imho since I already use the 2 factor authorization and have this sent to my iPhone.

Also have already included my phone number on previous orders and returns.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

A company trying to ship an item typically asks for a Phone Number as part of the identification process. It is to help ensure they are dealing with the right person. Just about every company who mails things does it. It's not "creepy," it is assurance.

Besides, your phone number is already stored across multiple databases anyway, and has been sold to other companies by your own phone carrier.

Also, how is it creepy to have your phone number yet acceptable to have your home address? So it's okay if a stranger comes to your home... as long as they don't call or text? lol

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, the reason we request your phone number is the same reason we request it for any orders - it's provided to the courier handling your order so that they can contact you in regards to your delivery if need be. If you have any further questions or concerns about the replacement process. please click here to submit a ticket. Thanks.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!