cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't let go - laggy

tinimark
Explorer
Morning All,

I'm sure most of you will know this demo, it's been one of my favorites for showing off the DK2.

Recently I have noticed some very noticeable latency in the head tracking that affects this demo (and a couple of others).
I can play Elite dangerous, Blazerush and many other demos and they are silky smooth with no lag at all.

With don't let go in extended mode i either get screen tear when Vsync is disabled or about 1/4 of a second lag with it enabled. Direct mode is slightly better but still a little laggy.

Anyone know why this might be? And why I only seem to get it on this and a couple of other demos (welcome to oculus being another)

I'm running the latest runtime, i7 with 16gb ram and GTX980 and tried combinations of direct, extended and disabling the main monitor.
5 REPLIES 5

cybereality
Grand Champion
OK, I will download this now and let you know if I see it too.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you have triple buffering enabled?

Slaghton
Honored Guest
Reporting in that i get a constant 75fps and no lag while playing don't let go with a pentium dual core 3ghz g860 + r9 290. I'm working on upgrading the cpu next month but atm I can pretty much play everything at 75+ fps with the rift. Don't let go does go down to 60fps or so when that little in game video plays on the monitor but its not really an issue.
Ordered: November 9 Processing: 19 Shipped: ??? Delivered: 25

tinimark
Explorer
thanks for the replies. I will check triple buffering when I get home and see if that makes the difference.
Have a great New Year!!

cybereality
Grand Champion
It was only lagging for me when the intro video was playing. The game seemed OK.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV