cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Done With Oculus

ghs22
Protege

I might stick around if you guys had not required a FB account for this to work. I just bought this Rift S a couple months ago, but I will be selling it immediately after getting my taxes back. I will purchasing a new VR headset not Oculus. I detest Facebook and had I known it was required I would have spent my money elsewhere. Whatever Oculus idiot came up with that idea needs immediately fired.

13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I loved my Oculus products since Jan 2017 but this move I did not care for. Currently using HP Reverb G2 for PC-VR and really liking it. I still have my Rift CV1, Rift S and Quest but have not been going back to any of them lately.

Howie_Doodat
Rising Star

That’s an understandable stance, but I’m also shocked that you bought this recently and didn’t do even the minimal amount of research to see that you needed a Facebook account.  There’s been a pretty consistent outrage about it. 

Also, this forum is pretty much just users. So....sorry, but it’s always odd to me when people are “done with us” and lash out at us....

inovator2
Expert Protege

It was nice knowing ya. 😉

ghs22
Protege

Pretty much just users? So what good is this forum if it is labeled "Official Oculus Forum" and no one from Oculus ever shows up to answer any questions? Sounds about the speed of Facebook to me. No wonder this headset is such a mess.

Who cares. I doubt many people are here with the intention of "knowing" people. I'm here to complain to at Oculus about their half-azzed craftmanship in programing. But since they dont care and no one ever stops by from Oculus, piss on it.  That will be one less sale of their latest headset. I'm sure many agree. Who cares if you know me. I don't.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ghs22 wrote:

Who cares. I doubt many people are here with the intention of "knowing" people. I'm here to complain to at Oculus about their half-azzed craftmanship in programing. But since they dont care and no one ever stops by from Oculus, piss on it.  That will be one less sale of their latest headset. I'm sure many agree. Who cares if you know me. I don't.

Fwiw - whilst you may not get "official" feedback on your post, Oculus folks are reading them.

So yeah you are not wasting time.

inovator2
Expert Protege

I'm ready to trade my first born if facebook gives me at least 120 fov. 

Good to know. Hopefully it will do some good for someone.

I really like how the Rift S fits my head. It's very comfortable. But that USB/display port disconnect issue is intolerable.