cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elite Dangerous, problems during gameplay

Tjames66
Level 3
Just started getting into Elite, and noticed I have been kicked out during gameplay and the HMD goes black, on screen is still good and allows me to save and exit, just a game stopper to be into elite and that's it game over, until I restart.  anyone else dealing with the same thing ?
13 REPLIES 13

Tjames66
Level 3
Going back to this, It just stopped happening so maybe it was a software issue to begin with.

Kalec84
Level 7

Tjames66 said:

Just started getting into Elite, and noticed I have been kicked out during gameplay and the HMD goes black, on screen is still good and allows me to save and exit, just a game stopper to be into elite and that's it game over, until I restart.  anyone else dealing with the same thing ?

areyou using extension cables or display port adapter?

Tjames66
Level 3
Well, all seemed well for one evening of Elite the other day, but last evening I was disconnected (black screen, and had to exit from monitor and restart) 3 times after playing for 20 minutes.  I took care of the power management for all USB ports (even went in after reboot and did the inatech card ones again), Not sure if it has to do with where I was in the game, I was on a skimmer mission on a planet the whole time (more graphic intensive ?).  I don't know, got frustrated and stopped playing. maybe I will try disconnecting the HMDI ext. cable, at this point the only reason I have it connected is to avoid any problems with the rift HDMI pins from connecting and disconnecting the rift.  Very Frustrating since I am really enjoying this game.

I got a bit confused as I recently posted this continuing problem to the Elite forums and was involved in the thread there, but it is still relevant here since I was having this problem for months now. 

TickTock
Level 5
I have a similar setup with the extender @Ebonyknight mentioned (except with a 20' cable).  I, too, was plagued with similar issues and it turned out to be two things.  
  1. As mentioned earlier, temperature.  I the extender was hanging from the ceiling right in front of a AC duct blasting out hot air.  Fix was to turn off the AC while playing.  Now that "winter" is over (I use quotes since I live in Arizona and we really don't get a true winter) this is not an issue (soon it will benefit from nice cool air blowing on it).
  2. The extender does not have good mechanical retention and the hdmi cables would wiggle in the connectors or even pull out from time to time as the cable gets batted around.  A couple of zip ties to pull everything together tight seems to have solved that.

Afraid to say it out loud but I have not had a problem since (a couple months now).
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
 -Groucho Marx