cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enforce the Standard save game directory across all the Oculus games and programs!

Fri13
Protege

There is this one small thing called "Saved Games" that is Microsoft standard that every game would store there their configuration and progress.
Everyone can find it from their Windows computer via: C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games

Please Oculus, do a smart and right thing and enforce every developer to update their products so that all the progress and configuration would be found from that single place. Example:

C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\Oculus\<game_name_X>\
C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\Oculus\<game_name_1>\
C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\Oculus\<game_name_2>\
C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\Oculus\<game_name_3>\
C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\Oculus\<game_name_4>\

So when ever the person is required to backup files, transfer the progress to another computer etc. There is no question what so ever where to find all files.
By default the X:\Users\ directory gets backed up, so at least all the progress is then ready.

Nothing is such a signal that studio is not user/customer friendly when they go to save the progress and user configuration to game install directory, to hidden AppData directory or anywhere else than standard "Saved Games" location.

2 REPLIES 2

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Yeah, I agree—all games should put save files in a user directory (I’m fine with it being in the Documents folder, which seems to be much more common than the Windows User/Saved Games folder). I really dislike that so many Oculus games use the AppData folder—that’s a hidden system folder by default, and not a great place to put user-specific files that they might want to backup or transfer. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah it would be nice, but seriously most games don't even use that directory, and I wish they would.
DCS is the only one I have that does make good use of it.