cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everytime I setup Oculus - "Restart Computer"

elation
Explorer

Everytime I install Oculus and run the set up, after it installs, it goes to this screen saying..

"Restart Computer

Sorry, we encountered an error during installation. Please restart your computer and try running Oculus Setup again. If you still experience issues, contact Oculus Support"

Has anyone else got this and what was your solution. It installs in C drive..

28 REPLIES 28

gandia12
Honored Guest
Plz someone help me i download the Oculus rift S software and it says Restart computer, plz help i follow all the steps and i don't have Reorder and i can't play plz help

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just love getting these new threads and start reading only to find out they are like 4 years old...

Please describe how you are installing and exactly where in the installation process you are getting this message.
Plus your system specs.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having the same problem, I'm receiving this error right after Oculus software finishes installing (or the blue bar fills up or something)I'm running windows 10, I have a gtx 970 graphics card, my CPU is an AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor. I have 8gb's or Ram. The only problem I have with my computer is that my wifi sucks and cuts out sometimes, could that be the problem?

scott_falgout
Honored Guest
I got a new Hard Drive so I installed Windows 10 fresh.  I've tried everything suggest above, nothing works!  Come on Oculus!

Leo-Liu2020
Honored Guest
Same problem, I deleted the folder C:\ProgramData and reinstall it, sucessed!

Fulaingt
Protege
This kinda is pathetic of oculus. I'm dealing with this now, after a rebuild of my pc. last thing I damn well expected. just pathetic.  thanks, support.

Fulaingt
Protege

Same problem, I deleted the folder C:\ProgramData and reinstall it, sucessed!

We shouldn't need to be doing any of this, they should be fixing why people have to. from 4 years ago even, till 2021.

Wiwi254
Honored Guest

I had the same problem too, I wanted to reinstall my Oculus Software but there was an error like this. I did a lot of manipulations but I forgot I didn't download the last OculusSetup.exe so I did it and it works well just after.. I don't know why I didn't think about that first. I hope it can help if you use the old version of OculusSetup.exe

i dont get the "oculus VR, LLc" tab