cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eyecups (should) have ridges.

jwilkins
Explorer
I'd like to suggest that the eyecups be given some kind of grip so they are easier to turn and give better feedback for when they are properly inserted (your hands will slip on the ridges when the cup stops moving).

(I would also love to know if Oculus has experimented with translucent eyecups to help eliminate the feeling that you are looking through binoculars)
(╯°□°)╯︵┻━┻
14 REPLIES 14

geekmaster
Protege
"jwilkins" wrote:
so I can give up quickly, lol).

Give up? Quickly? Hmm... I never considered that as an option.
Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
― Thomas A. Edison

It is my experience that if you try enough alternatives, you will EVENTUALLY find SOMETHING that works sufficiently well enough to be considered SUCCESS. It helps to have broad multi-disciplinary knowledge and experience to allow you to consider many more options and alternatives. Sometimes unsolved problems have already been solved long ago in a different field of research, using a completely different set of terminology. There is a universe of knowledge and ideas to borrow from, and another universe yet to be invented.
Persistence and an unwillingness to give up are the keys to pushing back the boundaries between possible and impossible.
― geekmaster
:lol:

jwilkins
Explorer
If you are going to fail, then fail quickly.

I guess giving up is a different matter. Maybe I should just call it a tactical retreat from a potential time sink 🙂
(╯°□°)╯︵┻━┻

geekmaster
Protege
Postponement sounds better than failure. 😉

And what is "failure" anyway?
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
― Thomas A. Edison

Sometimes you just need to go work on something completely different for awhile, allowing your intuition to suggest new things to try. Sometimes your intuition notifies you of its discoveries while shaving, showering, or mowing the lawn. An "Aha!" moment (i.e. "Eureka effect").

KBK
Protege
Yes, there is evidence to show that there is an even chance that Einstein came up with relativity while taking a dump.
Intelligence... is not inherent - it is a point in understanding. Q: When does a fire become self sustaining?

geekmaster
Protege
"KBK" wrote:
Yes, there is evidence to show that there is an even chance that Einstein came up with relativity while taking a dump.

Do you have evidence to support that "outlandish" claim? 😉 :lol: