cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook Connect 2021 (October 23)

Zenbane
Level 15

This year's Facebook Connect will be virtual. It looks like we'll be able to register for attendance; details to come.

Facebook released news on this today. So now would be a fun time to start making some predictions!

Here is what I am expecting:

• Oculus Quest Pro news
  • VR Metaverse info
  • New Oculus VR Software projects

Above all, I am hoping that we once again have Carmack go unscripted. 😁

22 REPLIES 22

Hmm... could we use asset scanning for physics or electric lab?  (I think not for chemical lab :D)

So you could scan some pendulum and VR software will calculate it's real size/length/speed etc. 🙂

Or even for robot creation labs 🙂

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Sooo, now that Infinite Office is finally out (albeit with a name change), what are the chances of Horizon coming out of closed beta prior to Connect?

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v20H2 (19043.1081)

@DaftnDirect wrote:

Sooo, now that Infinite Office is finally out (albeit with a name change), what are the chances of Horizon coming out of closed beta prior to Connect?

Since Carmack will be speaking in Horizon, my best guess is that Facebook will keep it in Beta Invite-Only in order to avoid crashing the servers lol

I logged in to Horizon to see if I could RSVP a spot for this event, but it isn't available yet.