cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook Connect 2021 (October 28)

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

This year's Facebook Connect will be virtual. It looks like we'll be able to register for attendance; details to come.

Facebook released news on this today. So now would be a fun time to start making some predictions!

Here is what I am expecting:

• Oculus Quest Pro news
  • VR Metaverse info
  • New Oculus VR Software projects

Above all, I am hoping that we once again have Carmack go unscripted. 😁

104 REPLIES 104

I vote for Poke

@DaftnDirect wrote:

I vote for Poke

@nalex66 wrote:
I like FACEPILE.

ohbehave.gif

Love that list @kojack 

I fancy these myself:

• LOOSELY EXACTLY NICOLE
  • BALL IN THE FAMILY

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Kinda random, but I like how Oculus is starting to have fun with their Ads. Check out this video they released promoting Quest 2 during Halloween,

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=585171269267872

kojack
MVP
MVP

I vote for W.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Isn't Connect the 28th rather than the 23rd?

Yeah, I believe you're right. I was wondering about that earlier, having seen both dates mentioned here and there. I'll edit the title.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

inovator
Consultant

I'm feeling a little less excited about connect the more I realize any announcement of new hardware will be very limited, since facebook doesn't want to screw up holiday sales.  My big hope was the pro, but I believe that connect discussion in regards to that will be very limited. I hope I'm very wrong but if there was going to be a pro released in 2021, I think there would be a more substantial leak.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@inovator wrote:

I'm feeling a little less excited about connect the more I realize any announcement of new hardware will be very limited, since facebook doesn't want to screw up holiday sales.  My big hope was the pro, but I believe that connect discussion in regards to that will be very limited. I hope I'm very wrong but if there was going to be a pro released in 2021, I think there would be a more substantial leak.

Yeah seems not too much traffic in regards to a possible upcoming Pro model as of yet. Maybe they are just being very tight lipped about it presently. Will see if the beginning of the week produces anything.

I have a hunch most of the talk is going to be on this new Metaverse thing and "bringing people together".

I suspect it will be very big on the social aspect and getting more FB users into the headsets.

They've said that there's no pro this year and in all likelihood the pro will come before the 3 so that's what's I'm going with. I'm guessing March/April for the pro and 3 next summer/autumn.

I really just need to know there's nothing before that so I can go ahead and get the Quest 2, probably shouldn't have waited so long given the price if the thing.