cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook Name Over Oculus !!??

BrockKane
Expert Protege
When I Pre-Ordered my Rift back in March of 2016. I didn't even know Facebook was a huge part of Oculus. I am not a Facebook user nor will I ever be! 

Anyway after a couple of months went by I started to realize that Facebook was a huge part of Oculus and that it would even be bigger than I imagined. But I kept my order active. Even though I am a veteran Steam user, I still kept my faith in Oculus. Still thinking this VR system would be the best!

Finally received my Rift and was excited and loved it and still do, but.....

Now that Palmer Luckey left facebook, it wasn't going to be good.....
https://uploadvr.com/facebook-oculus-home-login/

I think this will get worse as well. It won't be Oculus soon, it will be Facebook VR. I think even the Oculus name has it's days numbered! There are a lot of reasons not to like Facebook, and now here's another!
50 REPLIES 50

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee
The entirety of Facebook's involvement in using the Rift is that it gives you the option of connecting your Oculus Home account with Facebook. 

agenttoff
Heroic Explorer
Who cares?  Did Facebook kill your parents or something?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Facebook buying Oculus was arguably the best thing to have happened to VR. If it wasn't for the $500m that they've invested into developers we'd be stuck with only being able to play the 2% of decent software on Steam.

assettomio
Adventurer
So what, then make a fake account then, jesus christ who cares

danknugz
Superstar
can you add gearvr users as friends in oculus home?
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I connected my Facebook to my Oculus account, because, why not?!  It automatically adds people who have VR on my FB to my friends list on Oculus. 

This is kind of a no-brainer to help social VR.

vannagirl
Consultant
Its a Facebook account millions have millions use as @Agterbosch says if you are offended by facebook fake the account.

Although buying oculus you must also know facebook owned it also  😐
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Atmos73 said:

Millions don't make a  good game. Devs make a good game.

VR isn't just about video games.

Atmos73 said:

Take Onward for example, it's made by a one man team and it's the most popular multiplayer game on Steam and VR in general. Facebooks millions count for nothing.

The creator of Onward disagrees with you completely, as shown in his response to Valve using their millions to count for something:
"I do have one big announcement for you today: Valve has invited me to work on Onward at their offices in January, this means that many more awesome developments are coming in Onward’s future!"
http://www.roadtovr.com/valve-takes-onward-developer-wing/

At least the Onward developer understands that millions mean "awesome developments for the future." Luckily, Facebook has many more billions than Valve.

Atmos73 said:

Besides as soon as Fallout4 and Valves 3 games come along they will be the games to beat.

And then they will be beaten, so more games will be needed to beat 😄

Atmos73 said:

Then again Oculus didn't make RoboRecall they just funded 4million for it at a massive loss.

And Valve didn't make the Vive, they needed HTC to build it despite HTC's history of taking massive losses trying to build cell phones B)

BrockKane said:
Now that Palmer Luckey left facebook, it wasn't going to be good.....
https://uploadvr.com/facebook-oculus-home-login/

I think this will get worse as well. It won't be Oculus soon, it will be Facebook VR. I think even the Oculus name has it's days numbered! There are a lot of reasons not to like Facebook, and now here's another!

There are some folks, like myself, who only invested in the Oculus VR line specifically because of Zuckerberg. I have never liked Palmer and I believe that his departure is the only reason Oculus is not only a viable VR organization, but also poised to Rank #1 amongst all competitors.

I've never liked HTC nor Steam, so I didn't buy a Vive. That, and it is so bulky and childlike in comparison to the Rift that it feels less HTC and more Hasbro.

falken76
Expert Consultant
OP You're right, Evil Facebook will probably change the name.  You should sell your rift so you don't have to deal with the turmoil you are about to experience.

Jesus christ, if you hate facebook that much, get rid of your rift, you don't want to support a company you have so much hate towards do you?